A few comments/review about the leak...

bcals0087

Reaction score
So it's been about 2 weeks that the leak has been 'leaked'. I've been running it on my X for that entire time, and i'd say long enough to get a nice feel, notice the new features and the glitches. Overall? I am satisfied. I did however flash the .sbf (which was a breeze by the way. zero issues) because I do want the official 2.2 when it comes out...hopefully in a few days. After going back to 2.1, I really notice the difference, and now I really can't wait for 2.2. My battery is noticibly worse on 2.1 than 2.2. I was able to maybe do a quick charge, from zero, for about twenty minutes to a half hour, and have the phone last me a few hours on 2.2. I can forget about that now. My touchscreen would hit areas of the screen that I didn't hit in 2.2. This happened occasionally, like in phone calls. Kind of annoying.
There are a few of the other well known glitches that I experienced like the battery status, however that seemed to work after a certain amount of time. Text message times were always off, never had the newest at the top, and when I opened the conversation, if it was a long one, it would start from the very first message, not the last. When I turned the phone on from sleep, or just unlocked the screen, it would always be in landscape mode, and then would take a few seconds to go to portrait, that sort of pissed me off after a while.
While on a phone call, the sensor that turns off the screen when it's at your ear, and then turns the screen back on when you look at the phone, to end the call for instance, was delayed on 2.2. That actually pissed me off after a while too. It's ever so slight, but when you don't have a hard END key, and you want to end the phone call when you want to, it's nice to not have a delay.

So like I said, I am overall satisfied with 2.2, but obviously since it was a leak, this is what's to expect. I think if your going to keep 2.2, the only reason to keep it is to load 'fly x' on there, or wait for more roms to come out by these devs. Other than that, I don't see a reason to not flash to 2.1, wait for 2.2, and then eventually root that. Either way I can't wait for a majority bug free 2.2.

If you made it through that, thanks for reading. feel free to leave any thoughts, reactions, complaints, relief of emotional distress, whatever floats your boat.

chikibabe

Reaction score
thanks for posting that :) i was contemplating on whether i should install 2.2 or stay with my 2.1 and wait for the official OTA and got a little more understanding as why i shouldn't .. let's hope the official OTA comes out soon enough and that it doesn't have all the glitches you've stated.

OP
B

bcals0087

Reaction score
No problem, that's why i did this. To each his own but i felt i tested it long enough to determine whether it was worth the keep or not. September 6 is the unofficial date for 2.2 so there is no reason to not wait