a fellow droider needs help!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by PetRiLJoe, Jun 5, 2010.

1. PetRiLJoe

PetRiLJoe Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I am looking for advice on fixing my computer without losing data. I am not a newbie to fixing my own computer but am having a hard time researching the information on my droid and I am stressed out this happened on my only day off work.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_Ju5t_tw5H6g/TAnj330RuII/AAAAAAAABBk/N8-ysYHcjGM/S640/2010-06-04 20.46.42.jpg

• Edit •

If it's any help, I uploaded this video to show the list of boot options I have tried, all I did was try to highlight them all.

All suggestions even stupid ones are welcome, I would have thrown this computer out the window already if I could afford a brand new one. :)

I'm running Tiny XP pro service service 3. I Have had this operating system on multiple computers without such a problem
    What I was doing before this happened was I successfully installed new bluetooth drivers from Widcomm's website and when up restarted, this happened. I Was intending to get better sound clarity out of my jawbone headset when it is connected to my computer.

#1 PetRiLJoe, Jun 5, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  2. deartragedy

deartragedy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    your best bet is going to be to perform a data back up and reinstall your windows OS. This can be accomplished one of two ways.

1. Get an internal HDD dock to make your old HDD an external HDD and load you files on to another source.
    2. Pop a Linux boot cd into your broken computer and boot to it. This will give you access to your files while still on your comuter. Then back them up to an external HDD.

Then you will need to pop in your windows install CD and reformat and reinstall your OS.

3. PetRiLJoe

PetRiLJoe Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the suggestion, I may have to visit Wal-mart tonight for an external HDD because I don't have one but have been meaning to get one for backup purposes anyway.

I Was really hoping to raid tonight :(

4. PetRiLJoe

PetRiLJoe Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Look man we've been over this before you know how I feel. Even if my 28.8 modem does break once a week I can a, life time supply if then in bulk and still have money left over to upgrade my 5 1/2 floppy drive and you are throwing away money on your fancy.shmancy multi core processor s and " high speed " stuff . You have to just be patient and go on a long jog and let the graphics load on my system that's all!

but seriously yeah I'm giving you a call in a few , I have not fixed this issue.

5. PetRiLJoe

PetRiLJoe Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm adding to this post to state that I fixed my computer, I reluctantly installed an ewer version of Tiny XP Pro over the old one, because I could not find a version of the old one. First time I booted up with some errors, now it boots up flawlessly with no errors and a few new added windows options that I never had before. Eh... it's fixed and I didn't lose any data, so I'm neutral (or happy) so just wanted you guys to know that it's no longer a problem and thanks for what little advice I did get.

See ya.