a discussion on home screen or launcher apps

tranz

Reaction score
I've used Home++ on my Droid since Dec 2010 and am so used to it I'd have a hard time with anything else. The "powerstrip" and date/time/calendar widget are things I use constantly.

The date/time/calendar widget stopped working correctly with the recent OTA OS update though, so I'm a bit flustered. For Android, the dev is pretty slow/inactive, but I'm hoping for an update that fixes things.

More than 7 homepages? Hey, to each his own, but I get along on 3 or 4 just fine!

OP
nacho220

nacho220

Reaction score
Thanks for the ongoing discussion folks! I DL'd ADW.launcher even though as I mentioned above that Appbrain says its for 2.2 only. It seems to work, but I only opened it once briefly and then went back to LauncherPro as I am messing around with all of them at once to get a fell for them and what I am looking for.

@tranz .. yeah I know, 11 home screens, everyone must think I am nuts. I like the idea of having some of these widgets on my home screens, and some of them are so big I'll need 11 screens! I do a lot with music and I like several widgets from the music apps I have, so with 11 screens I think 91PandaHome would be my best bet - but so far I like the customization of the LauncherPro better. My brother uses LauncherPro on his Droid and uses only one screen - ha! Still messing around though, thanks for all suggestions!