A Difficult Time: Waiting for the Beasts

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
It is becoming difficult to be patient. Most of us who bought the DROID almost 12 months ago. Some past, some coming up to the date. We will have the choice to do an annual upgrade.

But between

-Incredible HD
-Motorola T2
-LG LTE
-Samsung Galaxy S2

I have never been more confused! I love the DROID 1and finally got it almost perfect, but there are just somethings that it can not do for what I would like to see (simple lagginess, to name one, gets frustrating... lack of app storage too and constant redraw).

Are you going keep DROID 1 till it dies and are 100% content?
Go out an get a DX or DX or Fascinate?
Or wait for one of these rumored phones?

The Incredible HD may be out first, but I am not sure I want an HTC Sense phone? The T2 might be going to ATT first? LG is LTE--and I don't live in an LTE area... now I just saw that the Galaxy S2 is coming out soon or at least will be announced? What the heck? what am I going to do?!?!? OVERLOAD!?!?!??!

- Must stink to be an iPhone user and all you have to do is take whatever Jobs serves you once a year. Or maybe that is just easier?

greyghost04

Reaction score
That LG LTE looks pretty nice all around. I wouldn't do anything till LTE is released and see how fast is fast internet on our phones. If the service is good by some chance, you don't want to be stuck with outdated 3G technology.

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I'm keeping my OG Droid until something comes along that I can't resist. So far there has been some great devices released but nothing, in my opinion, worth blowing an upgrade on.

When the right device comes along that is a must have I'll know it.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
^ Same Here :wink:

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

Googleaddict

Reaction score
I gave into my urges and upgraded from the original droid. My original had a horrible camera and a bad memory leak. so the x will be good for 2 years :)

R

RETG

Looks like I'll jump to the X from my BB come December. Not waiting for LTE since where I live it probably won't arrive until around 2012. Also, not going to keep waiting for the next big super phone to come, since it appears they will always be coming the day after I purchase a device.

So, I'll go for a one-year with the X, and next December, I might replace it with the next great phone.

mjforte

Reaction score
I'm keeping my OG Droid until something comes along that I can't resist. So far there has been some great devices released but nothing, in my opinion, worth blowing an upgrade on.

I feel the exact same way :) I just hope one of these rumored phones has a physical keyboard. Makes typing long messages and playing emulators a lot easier.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
If you are NOT in an LTE area, and Dual Core Processors may be battery wasters in the beginning... and maybe a bit too much for what is needed... I am still liking the Incredible HD...

IF you are in a LTE area, then I can see waiting.

Darkseider

Reaction score

This. I have been waiting and will continue to wait. My Droid is doing just fine and working like a champ. Until I can get a superphone with 512 meg to 1 Gig RAM, Cortex A9 SoC, 4.0" - 4.3" screen and the Armageddon app. so I can end the world if I have a bad day I won't be upgrading any time soon.