A dark line on my screen when display is dimmed / blue tint. Help please.

Stab

Reaction score
Last night I was checking my new Razr Maxx in the bedroom (dark) and had the brightness on low. I saw some dark spots and a long vertical line on the screen that shouldnt be there. I googled the problem and at least the spots seem to be a common 'flaw' in the AMOLED design. They do not get worsen over time and it is something i can live with.

The vertical line worries me however. Couldn't read anything about that. In the left side of the screen there is a dark, perfectly straight line from the bottom covering 75% of the screen's height. Like the few spots, only visible in a dark environment with the brightness low and on dark backgrounds.

Is this also just an 'artifact' of the amoled design, or is this more worrisome?

Bonus question: When looking at a white page like Google, looking straight at the phone will show the picture almost perfect, maybe slightly yellow tinged. However, tilting the phone (or my head) just slightly reveals a blue-ish tint over the screen.
Normal?

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
The screen on the RAZR gives a yellow tint to whites and oversaturates oranges and yellows. If the screen is tilted it gets a white/blue tint. The brighter your screen is the more true the colors tend to be.

Not sure about the line you're talking about though.

OP
S

Stab

Reaction score
The screen on the RAZR gives a yellow tint to whites and oversaturates oranges and yellows. If the screen is tilted it gets a white/blue tint. The brighter your screen is the more true the colors tend to be.

Not sure about the line you're talking about though.

Thanks.

The black spots seem to be a common problem with the AMOLED technology and luckily only visible in low surrounding light and low brightness. I have seen the 'vertical' line before on the internet as well and it seems to be related. Just wanting to know if its something more serious or if it can get worse in the future.

Mine looks a bit like this, although mine seems to be a bit less bad.
Razr-black-spots-and-lines-200x300.jpg

Note that this looks highly exaggerated because it is only visible in low light with low brightness on dark backgrounds.