A creepy person got ahold of my Droid and is sending commands to it/stalking me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You have all you need to keep this person that you suspect of tampering with your phone at bay. The police are paid from our taxes so use that service.
The new phone and an sdcard format should solve your problems.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

FootballRef

Reaction score
Most interesting thread of the year. Don't think I have ever read every post of a 50 post thread...but I was glued to this one.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Wow......thats all I got....:icon_eek:

Ok, maybe not...just thought about this for a second....:D

Why not just go through the phones settings--->applications--->running applications and list them for the users here to have a look at? Surely with all the "regular" posters as well as Rescue Squad members, someone here could pinpoint a "spying" app right?

OP
M

mikethebike

Reaction score
ok, I'm going to post some pictures of the running services and under manage applications, running.

OP
M

mikethebike

Reaction score
Here are the last of the picts that I took. The prey app I downloaded

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
wow you have alot of "monitoring" apps.

Is this the "running services" page? Cause you have ALOT going on. I stay away from security apps as i don't find it too helpful since it is android. I recall you thinking the phone is being controlled by someone else, it could actually be controlled by these apps. As for the phone call thing I'm not sure, best is to blacklist the number itself (Call settings---> blacklist---> add contact).

OP
M

mikethebike

Reaction score
I will check back on this thread tomorrow morning. I have to go to bed now. Thank you for all of the help. I talked to a detective today and he had a lot of useful information about the Android/Linux operating systems, which are very new yet to them.

OP
M

mikethebike

Reaction score
In addition to everything else, now I have to make sure that there is nothing wrong with my digital phone service at home. So much for getting Ooma, which I also was looking into buying!!!!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
In addition to everything else, now I have to make sure that there is nothing wrong with my digital phone service at home. So much for getting Ooma, which I also was looking into buying!!!!

no idea what ooma is, but glad to hear you got to speak to a detective today.

There doesn't seem to be anything unusual with your Droid and you recognize all the apps. You have ALOT of security going on with the phone so you should be set.

BlueSami

Reaction score
This thread creeps me out!!

but it is defentley entertaining

It amazing the phone will let you do anything with all those "monitoring" apps!

WallyIAm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Did anyone else check out the running services? The one titled "Prey" allows tracking of the phone from a PC, according to the writeup in the market. Hello, stalker!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
If someone has a back door to your phone the simplest, most effective way to fix that would be to make sure your contacts are backed up with Google and SBF the phone back to stock. Since you are getting a replacement phone I wouldn't hesitate to do such, either. After all, I wouldn't want Verizon techs to get access to all my personal data stored on the phone. However, did the person on the phone say anything about investigating your accusations of this other person? If so they may want the data on the phone intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.