A creepy person got ahold of my Droid and is sending commands to it/stalking me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikethebike

Reaction score
I've had suspicions for about a month now that somebody got ahold of my droid and is into everything on it: my texts, my calls, my email...EVERYTHING! I found a piece of paper with a word on it where this person stays. I put a firewall on my droid a few days ago and decided to add this word to all calls..It came up under this person's number and that the rule why the call was blocked was because of this word! I called Verizon tech and they just said that they would send me a new phone. I really want to catch this person for doing this to me because I feel so violated. I don't know what to do because it takes very special people to catch someone like this! HELP!

Iowa

Reaction score
I've had suspicions for about a month now that somebody got ahold of my droid and is into everything on it: my texts, my calls, my email...EVERYTHING! I found a piece of paper with a word on it where this person stays. I put a firewall on my droid a few days ago and decided to add this word to all calls..It came up under this person's number and that the rule why the call was blocked was because of this word! I called Verizon tech and they just said that they would send me a new phone. I really want to catch this person for doing this to me because I feel so violated. I don't know what to do because it takes very special people to catch someone like this! HELP!

Mike I am confused. Does this person have your phone or are they just calling and texting your phone. Your post isn't very clear on what is actually going on. If they have your phone you need to report it stolen so that the ESN will be black listed and can get a new phone.

dancedroid

OP
M

mikethebike

Reaction score
explanation

Ok..this person often comes to visit me and likes me a lot. This person is very jealous. It was possible for this person to physically get ahold of my phone. I have the phone, but I believe that they programmed it so they could watch everything I do.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
having a very hard time understanding what's going on with your situation.
glad to hear you got your issue resolved sort of though

OP
M

mikethebike

Reaction score
Would a factory reset destroy any spy program that they might have put on it? I already did the reset and it looks as though they are sending a command to my phone to do something to it

OP
M

mikethebike

Reaction score
I downloaded a firewall app trial version 1.5 and i used that word to block any caller associated with it. when they tried calling me, it came up that the call was blocked due to that word

OP
M

mikethebike

Reaction score
I don't want to nuke the SD card because I want to catch the person doing this. How can I do this? If I got a new phone(which I did, today), can I still give my old one to a detective? Would the detective be able to see what that person was doing? Or would everything go away when I turn on my new phone, that the tech dept. at Verizon sent me?

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Unless I'm missing something a firewall app doesn't have anything to do with phone calls. Just take out your SD card and erase it on your PC. Perform a factory reset on your device and wait for it to boot for the first time and it should ask for an SD card. At that point you should put in your freshly erased SD card and your problem should be solved. Unless whoever this person is has custom written a stealth trojan that can survive a PC format and reside after a factory reset... which would be the first time in the world anything like this has EVER happened on an Android device.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i still do'nt get what you mean when you set up a word to block the call.

OP
M

mikethebike

Reaction score
Dusty, LOL! You are hilarious! I don't know how to erase an SD card. Would my new phone that I got today have one? or do I have to use my old one? Do you mean the little Sandisk micro card that I pulled out of my old phone?

OP
M

mikethebike

Reaction score
Dusy, if I gave you my phone #, could you please call me?

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Dusty, LOL! You are hilarious! I don't know how to erase an SD card. Would my new phone that I got today have one? or do I have to use my old one? Do you mean the little Sandisk micro card that I pulled out of my old phone?

Yes, the microSd card. It should be in your new Droid also.

Status
Not open for further replies.