A Couple Questions

Chronic_Apathy

Reaction score
I think I've pretty conclusively settled on getting the Rezound for my next phone, but I have a few questions first. One of the main reasons I'm getting this over other options is the apparent emphasis they've placed on it as a music player. How is the software for the music player? I've heard it said that Beats is pretty limited, so if I'm planning on dumping my 20GB music collection on a 32 gig SD card, will I be able to use Beats at all? More importantly, will I have issues with the software at all? Finally, if I do end up getting this phone, I will likely want to get the larger battery. Will I still be able to use a case with it, or will I have to choose one or the other?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
The beats stuff will only work with the included headphones or other Beats headphones (I'm guessing the latter).

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
from what i understand beats audio onlyworks with htc music.

they make cases for the extended battery.

and how would we know if you'd have issues with the software?

I have a tbolt, and i want the rezound..but i'll be waiting for a htc thatships with ics.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think I've pretty conclusively settled on getting the Rezound for my next phone, but I have a few questions first. One of the main reasons I'm getting this over other options is the apparent emphasis they've placed on it as a music player. How is the software for the music player? I think the HTC software is fine -- that being said, I'm not an audiophile, nor do I keep many entire albums on my phone. I use it more of a stand-in when I left my MP3 player at home or want a single song, not an entire artists collection. It definitely seems better than the OG and D2 software I've used in the past. Ultimately, it depends on what you want it to do. I've heard it said that Beats is pretty limited, so if I'm planning on dumping my 20GB music collection on a 32 gig SD card, will I be able to use Beats at all? I'm pretty sure you need the built-in apps to use Beats - I'm sure there will be some sort of hack or accommodation for this in the future, but not now, as far as I can tell. More importantly, will I have issues with the software at all? Not sure what you mean. Finally, if I do end up getting this phone, I will likely want to get the larger battery. Will I still be able to use a case with it, or will I have to choose one or the other? There are a few cases that accommodate the extended battery, but they're definitely more limited.

Answers in red.

And this isnt related to your questions, nor is it anything but my opinion, but the battery life isnt nearly as bad as I expected. I can listen to music at work all day long, with minimal impact on the battery life of the phone. Listening to music or not, I can get a full day of use out of the phone. I was planning on the extended battery when I got the phone, but I dont think I'll need it.

kparks

Reaction score
All I'm asking is if the software for the music player is decent or not.

To answer ur question yes it is pretty good reliable and simple to use and has many different options.. End point...lol... But seriously u should be really happy I would hold off the the extended battery and see how long the phone last .. And also Google music u can store ur music online but I believe u lose the beats in the phone but the headphones still make the music sound above average..

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Last edited:

ebzbldr

Reaction score
Chronic, the answer to your question is yes, you'll be able to take advantage of all your music taking advantage of the beats technology. The only difference is that you have to open the stock music to take advantage of it. As someone posted before is rather simple to use. I liked it from the beginning and it will give you the option of listening with and without it. It's like listening to a live concert. You can still use Google music but it won't be using the beats technology since it is only activated with the stoxk music app. Another plus, the ibeats come wi a built in mic. and people say it works pretty good.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

drtnsnw

Reaction score
Also, the beats work with anything plugged into the headphone jack. I have a wired FM modulator in my truck and the beats logo pops up as soon as I plug it in. The sound is alot more full with the beats enabled. The stock app seems to work as good as any other I tried with my Dinc. I always went back to the stocker because of problems with the others.

Chris

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Beats is bass boost and little else. Completely over-rated IMHO.

I have removed all the bloat and even Sense from my Rezound and one thing that I realized was that by removing Sense, you lose Beats in the process. Solution was to download a free app from the market called Equalizer. Gives you complete control with an EQ, bass boost, virtualization, etc...

Sounds better than Beats, as you have more than an "on" and "off" to select from. Beats is simply a preset EQ setting. You can just create your own, there is nothing special about it at all.

cp24eva

Reaction score
Beats is bass boost and little else. Completely over-rated IMHO.

I have removed all the bloat and even Sense from my Rezound and one thing that I realized was that by removing Sense, you lose Beats in the process. Solution was to download a free app from the market called Equalizer. Gives you complete control with an EQ, bass boost, virtualization, etc...

Sounds better than Beats, as you have more than an "on" and "off" to select from. Beats is simply a preset EQ setting. You can just create your own, there is nothing special about it at all.

So if Beats is over rated, how do people rate it? I mean, I can agree that it's simply a bass boost, but what else did people, HTC, or anyone else say it was? Everytime you come on talkin about beats, you totally trash it like you work for a rival company or the people that mades beats kicked your dog. It ain't like people HAVE to use the beats tech or the headphones (which I may add are FREE, not 100 dollars adding on that to the phone) There are tons of music players out there. And many of them have an EQ for people to toy around with. If you subtract the beats technology or the beats headphones, you still have a great phone hands down. The music player that enables beats is OK, but not the best. You can rest assured that the many songs you put on the phone will still be playable through a plethora of other music programs. Squire, you sound VERY anti. Just sayin'. Not just in this thread, but in other threads as well. And I'm not saying all the time, just something. Cheer up guy!

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
So if Beats is over rated, how do people rate it? I mean, I can agree that it's simply a bass boost, but what else did people, HTC, or anyone else say it was? Everytime you come on talkin about beats, you totally trash it like you work for a rival company or the people that mades beats kicked your dog. It ain't like people HAVE to use the beats tech or the headphones (which I may add are FREE, not 100 dollars adding on that to the phone) There are tons of music players out there. And many of them have an EQ for people to toy around with. If you subtract the beats technology or the beats headphones, you still have a great phone hands down. The music player that enables beats is OK, but not the best. You can rest assured that the many songs you put on the phone will still be playable through a plethora of other music programs. Squire, you sound VERY anti. Just sayin'. Not just in this thread, but in other threads as well. And I'm not saying all the time, just something. Cheer up guy!

Beats is a gimick, everyone knows that. Yes, the headphones are nice, I enjoy mine. But in the end, Beats is nothing more than bass boost. Other phones sound as good or better because unlike Beats, they have more than on or off to pick from. Of course it does sound better on than off.

Why did I mention it? Because people were talking about whether Beats worked with other headphones, or only worked with certain music or players... I explained how I ran into that while removing bloat and taking Sense off of my Rezound. I lost Beats, and while it is not the end all be all, it does sound a lot better than without it.

So why was this relevant? Because for anyone that takes off Sense, or, if you found that Beats didn't work with certain headphones, or alternate music players, or anything... I found myself in that boat and find a free alternative that works with ANY song, with ANY music player, with ANY headphones, etc... And not only does it sound as good as Beats, you can make it sound better because you have a lot more options and presets to choose from.

So I am not being negative, I am actually being positive and letting people know that if for whatever reason Beats is not working or doing what you want, you have good free options to get around it.

cp24eva

Reaction score
Beats is a gimick, everyone knows that. Yes, the headphones are nice, I enjoy mine. But in the end, Beats is nothing more than bass boost. Other phones sound as good or better because unlike Beats, they have more than on or off to pick from. Of course it does sound better on than off.

Why did I mention it? Because people were talking about whether Beats worked with other headphones, or only worked with certain music or players... I explained how I ran into that while removing bloat and taking Sense off of my Rezound. I lost Beats, and while it is not the end all be all, it does sound a lot better than without it.

So why was this relevant? Because for anyone that takes off Sense, or, if you found that Beats didn't work with certain headphones, or alternate music players, or anything... I found myself in that boat and find a free alternative that works with ANY song, with ANY music player, with ANY headphones, etc... And not only does it sound as good as Beats, you can make it sound better because you have a lot more options and presets to choose from.

So I am not being negative, I am actually being positive and letting people know that if for whatever reason Beats is not working or doing what you want, you have good free options to get around it.

I wasn't saying your response was irrelevant, it just comes off as negative in a way. Beats might not be for everyone, but it still has SOMETHING to offer. For people who like harder hitting bass and punchier drum hits. In a way your response could deter folks. Some people read into responses differently. That's all om saying. You don't mean to be like that its just it could be misinterpretted.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wasn't saying your response was irrelevant, it just comes off as negative in a way. Beats might not be for everyone, but it still has SOMETHING to offer. For people who like harder hitting bass and punchier drum hits. In a way your response could deter folks. Some people read into responses differently. That's all om saying. You don't mean to be like that its just it could be misinterpretted.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

My point is that Beats is bass boost. There are lots of ways to get that. Heck, Winamp has an EQ built in...