1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

a couple questions

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by tlozano09, Mar 23, 2011.

1. tlozano09

tlozano09 New Member

1. I managed to edit the images the way i want but i cant seem to put it all back together in order to have it work on my phone.

what are the steps after editing images in your drawable-hdpi?

2. How exactly do i sign an apk?
  2. YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth Theme Developer Theme Developer

Not to sure what you mean by putting them back together in "order". What did you edit? Framework-res I assume ...

You can use apk manager to sign apks
  3. tlozano09

tlozano09 New Member

I haven't even looked at the framework-res yet, I want to start with the basics like changing images in the drawable-hdpi folder lol.

I guess what I mean by "putting them back together"is like what to do after I edit the images.I've tried to make a zip file with my edits but when I run it on my phone, I get issues.
  4. YankInDaSouth

well, drawable-hdpi is in framework-res :tongue:

Check this guide out. It has a lot of very usefull info.

When I first started playing with themes what I did was take an existing theme.zip. I then went into framework-res/drawable-hdpi and had at it with changing/editing images. After my changes, I drop the edited images into framework-res/drawable-hdpi with 7 zip. The flash the .zip like you would any theme and admire your work :D

Once you get in there and start playing around you'll start picking things up - google and this forum are your friends lol!
  5. tlozano09

tlozano09 New Member

Oh haha good point.

Thanks for the link I'll def look into it.

I guess my biggest issue now is how to make the zip work on my phone. Like I can update the images in the theme I want to flash but for some reason I get errors when I install it. I feel like I'm missing a crucial step or something.

Thanks for your help btw
  6. YankInDaSouth

Well, I don't have a DX and have never themed for it. But, What I would do is cheat :D Find a theme.zip that already works for you and use it - just swap out what's in there with what you edited. Also, the framework-res you use MUST be from the ROM you're running.

Feel free to hit my up on Gtalk (yankindasouth@gmail.com), I'll be happy to help out with what I can.