a couple questions

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by tlozano09, Mar 23, 2011.

1. tlozano09

tlozano09 New Member

1. I managed to edit the images the way i want but i cant seem to put it all back together in order to have it work on my phone.

what are the steps after editing images in your drawable-hdpi?

2. How exactly do i sign an apk?
  2. YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth Theme Developer Theme Developer

Not to sure what you mean by putting them back together in "order". What did you edit? Framework-res I assume ...

You can use apk manager to sign apks
  3. tlozano09

tlozano09 New Member

I haven't even looked at the framework-res yet, I want to start with the basics like changing images in the drawable-hdpi folder lol.

I guess what I mean by "putting them back together"is like what to do after I edit the images.I've tried to make a zip file with my edits but when I run it on my phone, I get issues.
  4. YankInDaSouth

well, drawable-hdpi is in framework-res :tongue:

Check this guide out. It has a lot of very usefull info.

When I first started playing with themes what I did was take an existing theme.zip. I then went into framework-res/drawable-hdpi and had at it with changing/editing images. After my changes, I drop the edited images into framework-res/drawable-hdpi with 7 zip. The flash the .zip like you would any theme and admire your work :D

Once you get in there and start playing around you'll start picking things up - google and this forum are your friends lol!
  5. tlozano09

tlozano09 New Member

Oh haha good point.

Thanks for the link I'll def look into it.

I guess my biggest issue now is how to make the zip work on my phone. Like I can update the images in the theme I want to flash but for some reason I get errors when I install it. I feel like I'm missing a crucial step or something.

Thanks for your help btw
  6. YankInDaSouth

Well, I don't have a DX and have never themed for it. But, What I would do is cheat :D Find a theme.zip that already works for you and use it - just swap out what's in there with what you edited. Also, the framework-res you use MUST be from the ROM you're running.

Feel free to hit my up on Gtalk (yankindasouth@gmail.com), I'll be happy to help out with what I can.