A couple issues with my Galaxy Nexus

bwestfall85

Reaction score
Hey guys i am new to the forum but not completely new to an android. I had a G1 a couple years back then i went to a iphone 3gs and i am back with my Galaxy Nexus. Now the problems i am having:

1. when listening to the stock player when i use the headphones button to pause it i have to actually turn my screen back on to restart it. Pressing the button doesnt open it back up like i would think it should.

2. I have a PIN number set to log into the phone i want to change it to the buttons or face unlock but it wont let me do it for some reason. Is there a way to fix it?

So far these are the only issues(besides battery not lasting that long) that i have. Any help on these would be great.

Last edited:

prowler85

Reaction score
Can't answer the second question, but the first I also had an issue with. I had used MixZing (a music player replacement) in the past and it fixed the problem. It has a control in the setup to use controls from connected BT headphones, so would start back up when I pushed the play button, though I think I had to push it twice - once activated the phone and the second press started the music.

I have been using Google music on my Nexus though and it has the same problem with one of my headphones. So I "solved" it by using WidgetLocker and have my Google music widget on my lockscreen. So I do have to hit the power button and press play on the widget, but much easier than finding the screen with my Google music player.

Hope this helps.

daware

Reaction score
2. I have a PIN number set to log into the phone i want to change it to the buttons or face unlock but it wont let me do it for some reason. Is there a way to fix it?

Settings > Security > Screen lock