A couple Eris questions

bllarkin

Reaction score
My wife just got an Eris, and I have a couple of questions, because it operates differently than my Droid in these respects.

1. Is there a way to stop Facebook Contact sync (the way you can on the droid), or does it not do this?

2. It seems like the Google apps sync "All Contacts" rather than just "My Contacts". We exported her contacts from Gmail, deleted everything, then imported the good ones back in and it fixed it for now, but if she starts sending to random people again (such as Craigslist or something) it will start populating the All Contacts section and syncing again. Am I correct in noticing this? My Droid doesn't seem to operate this way.

Thanks for any help or insight, I couldn't seem to find anything on the forums about these specific things.

Spensar

Reaction score
I don't think the Eris can do FBook Contact sync because thats a 2.0 feature, I believe... You may be able to root it and get it to work. I dunno about the 2nd question though.:) Hope i helped ( I don't think the eris is rooted though) lol

OP
bllarkin

bllarkin

Reaction score
Thanks. I know that 2.0 does it, and I wanted to turn it off on my wife's if 1.5 was doing it (it makes a mess in the contacts). Thanks for the help on that one.

wrm14

Reaction score
Found the answer on another forum:

Go to People > Groups > Menu button > Sync Groups

Uncheck "Sync all contacts" and leave "My Contacts" (or whatever your group may be called)

you can change these group names at http://www.google.com/contacts

Thx to plugnpl4y if he uses this forum.