A challenge to u guys..

bobmundo123

Reaction score
I have the incredible... battery sux ... beautiful screen.. I want an X... I will get one if you guys can help me do the following...

put the HTC UI on it.. get it to 2,2,,.. with froyo.. with root... and wifi tether... =) .. yes.. its quite a list... I remember when i had the original droid. o the simpler days...

also droid pro.? any news? 2 ghz processor? i feel like thats bs... along with the 12 mp camera.. thats redonk.. nex they'l say it dances...

dancedroid :icon_ banana: dancedroid

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
prolly wont be able to put sense ui on it. it was ported to the droid 1 (very unstable, alot of things missing, phone calls, etc.) but on the x, so far doesnt look to good for custom roms cuz of the bootloader. but they did get clockwork on it so theyre making progress.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have the incredible... battery sux ... beautiful screen.. I want an X... I will get one if you guys can help me do the following...

put the HTC UI on it.. get it to 2,2,,.. with froyo.. with root... and wifi tether... =) .. yes.. its quite a list... I remember when i had the original droid. o the simpler days...

also droid pro.? any news? 2 ghz processor? i feel like thats bs... along with the 12 mp camera.. thats redonk.. nex they'l say it dances...

i have 2.2 with root and wifi tether

Droid pro is just Droid 2 for the rest of the world?

yes

OP
bobmundo123

bobmundo123

Reaction score

i have 2.2 with root and wifi tether

Droid pro is just Droid 2 for the rest of the world?

yes

2.2.. with froyo? and tether?? FTW.... and no HTC widgets UI?.. i love their widgets....

and droid pro vs Droid 2.. they're different.. aren't they.. wtf

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you can use their widgets if you want. i have beautiful widgets, can customize that to look like the HTC clock

and no, sorry. DPro is the world version of the D2

Reaction score
Everything in your list with the exception of Sense is already available. I wouldnt defile the phone with Sense anyway, I hate all the manufacturers UI's and cant wait for a vanilla Android ROM for the X to get rid of the blur.

Reaction score
Everything in your list with the exception of Sense is already available. I wouldnt defile the phone with Sense anyway, I hate all the manufacturers UI's and cant wait for a vanilla Android ROM for the X to get rid of the blur.

+1 only for my D2. You are lucky you are much closer to it and already have root.

OP
bobmundo123

bobmundo123

Reaction score
I don't know. I thought i would hate the incredible for that.. But i mean.. A) the widgets where u can scroll through texts, Emails, and the calender pops up is jus awesome.. B) i kinda like how you unlock it and if you get a text while it's unlocked you see the text underneath the arc without having to unlock the phone.. I also like the dark notification bar.. i mean other than that... I'd BE Ultra Down to get an X via warranty exchange... If i got all that including root, and wifi tether.. and all that shizzz. i'm set...

wmnomore

Reaction score
just use launcherpro plus for HTC-like widgets:greendroid:

OP
bobmundo123

bobmundo123

Reaction score
Okay just got the X anyone wanna do a quick how to for rooting wifi tether and 2.2 froyo?

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Guys, 2.2 is not available. Its an incomplete version. Just because it runs doesn't mean its what 2.2 really is.

Talios

Reaction score
2.2_leak is available. 2.3.13_leak is also out there. I think everyone knows that but just doesn't bother specifying leak vs official OTA...since as you say the OTA isn't out yet. I assume it won't be called "2.2" when it comes out either; given the fact there is a leak with a later version number out there.