A Cancer Named Froyo

mtkregs

Reaction score
Ever since it's "leak" into the wild, it has been quickly spreading. Ironically, some of those whom didn't get infected conventionally, proceeded to manually force the infection into their systems. It has been responsible for shortening time that infected parents should spend with their children or each other. It is surely the cause of many broken homes. Many have speculated about the origin of the "leak". Some have attached their own names to it before pushing it out on the streets. It has caused dissension and mud slinging in the community. Some have created their own mutations of it and made it available for distribution to the frothy-mouthed masses. It is a far more efficient and multi-functional disease than that which caused Snow White to suffer her fate. Therefore, it is evil and will quickly consume you entirely.

For me...I'm going to set it aside for the day....go to the park to ride bikes with my girl, take my kid fishing, BBQ some steak kabobs on the grill, enjoy a few/several cold pops, and take in a movie tonight. I'm going to do all of this without the assistance of the disease. Wish me luck!

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You'll do just fine....just don't forget to bring your phone;)

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had a wonderful day at the pool with my daughter Friday, my Droid sat in its pouch, only checked it every so oftn, mainly because I was shooting pics of her in the pool to my wife by request because she was trapped at work....

Infected, but with bouts of remission :)

Mechanicat

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Z Force
I've been afflicted with the disease as well but not the virus. I'm not so presumptuous 2 assume I know better then Verizon what OS my stock D1 should be running since they are the host that provides my signal. I've sat back & researched rooting but in the end I know who has the power and control ... Verizon. I expect one day 2 see 100s & 100s of contributors missing from this and many forums like it because one morning they wake up and find NOTHING works on their Droid. As attractive as all the new features are I'm not willing to sacrifice the service and coverage provided by Verizon. So I've got the bug but not the virus. I will wait patiently for any release but I really don't expect one. Why would they? it really is no advantage 2 Verizon, we already have purchased the device and are locked in a contract. Big business is not into giving away anything 4 free. The only reason 4 any future up date would be to shore up avenues of lost revenue and further tighten control over the end user 4 their profitable advantage. Surely I'm not the only one that can see this. Years from now we'll look back on these times an remember when we use to be able too... and it only cost... I try an trick myself into thinking I'm wrong but too much history in this industry proves otherwise. Back to enjoying the features and reliability my stock D1 provides and not forgetting to instantly put it on standby whenever a real live human being approaches me for conversation or physical activity... remember that stuff?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

K

killabyte

... enjoy a few/several cold pops...

"pops"

simpsons_nelson_haha.jpg

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been afflicted with the disease as well but not the virus. I'm not so presumptuous 2 assume I know better then Verizon what OS my stock D1 should be running since they are the host that provides my signal. I've sat back & researched rooting but in the end I know who has the power and control ... Verizon. I expect one day 2 see 100s & 100s of contributors missing from this and many forums like it because one morning they wake up and find NOTHING works on their Droid. As attractive as all the new features are I'm not willing to sacrifice the service and coverage provided by Verizon. So I've got the bug but not the virus. I will wait patiently for any release but I really don't expect one. Why would they? it really is no advantage 2 Verizon, we already have purchased the device and are locked in a contract. Big business is not into giving away anything 4 free. The only reason 4 any future up date would be to shore up avenues of lost revenue and further tighten control over the end user 4 their profitable advantage. Surely I'm not the only one that can see this. Years from now we'll look back on these times an remember when we use to be able too... and it only cost... I try an trick myself into thinking I'm wrong but too much history in this industry proves otherwise. Back to enjoying the features and reliability my stock D1 provides and not forgetting to instantly put it on standby whenever a real live human being approaches me for conversation or physical activity... remember that stuff?

Interesting philosophy. However if you understood how rooting works and how this is really rampant in not only Droids but Blackberry's and iPhone's you'd see that you are a bit mistaken in that theory of hundreds of us waking up to a completely dead phone.

It's OK to stay stock. It's a darn good phone right out of the box, no denying it.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Interesting philosophy. However if you understood how rooting works and how this is really rampant in not only Droids but Blackberry's and iPhone's you'd see that you are a bit mistaken in that theory of hundreds of us waking up to a completely dead phone.

It's OK to stay stock. It's a darn good phone right out of the box, no denying it.

And some of these devs should be working for motorola with the amazing work they do... they do better work than the people motorola pays to do it, and for free with minimal donations.

But I've contracted this disease, but it doesn't bother me. I've met a lot of interesting people, and learned a great deal of things that i otherwise never would have, and enjoyed every bit of it. Well, except the part when i did wake up to a dead phone.... Anyways :)

OP
M

mtkregs

Reaction score
... enjoy a few/several cold pops...

"pops"

Yeah, "pops." What do you drink? "sodas?"

:)

Mike
"Having a few pops" is an expression. Here, I'll pull the definition out of the dictionary for you:

"19. a drink or portion of an alcoholic beverage, as a drink of whiskey or a glass of beer: We had a couple of pops on the way home."

Even if it where a few "sodas", there would be nothing wrong with that. I'm in my 40s, so don't feel the need to drink alcohol for the purposes of impressing others. :) Nonetheless, good day yesterday!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
"pops"

Yeah, "pops." What do you drink? "sodas?"

Mike
"Having a few pops" is an expression. Here, I'll pull the definition out of the dictionary for you:

"19. a drink or portion of an alcoholic beverage, as a drink of whiskey or a glass of beer: We had a couple of pops on the way home."

Even if it where a few "sodas", there would be nothing wrong with that. I'm in my 40s, so don't feel the need to drink alcohol for the purposes of impressing others. :) Nonetheless, good day yesterday!

Some of us drink alcohol because we like it....Could care less what others think....And a pop is a kids drink.

OP
M

mtkregs

Reaction score

Some of us drink alcohol because we like it....Could care less what others think....And a pop is a kids drink.

LOL...I can't be the only one who has heard/used that expression. The "pops" that I was referring to where Sam Adams Summer Ale.

Signed,
Misunderstood

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lol I'm from Arizona, and have to say we never say pop lol. I hear the expression a lot with people from back east though. And lol I have never heard of it being beer. I thought what pop is to soda is what sub is to hogey.

And to the op.... I have the virus to.... at least theirs a cure: an accidental fall into the pool, an accidental phone smash(ouch), a couple of F's on a report card....etc lol, you decide the Fate of your "virus".

GeneRs

Reaction score
Here in western PA we like to consume a few "Barley Pops" from time to time. Thank goodness too. Without them I would never have gotten my GORGEOUS wife to go out with me. ( Let alone marry me. ) Then , I'm sure, these little beverages were instrumental in the conception of our beautiful children.

A few pops definitely aid in the symptoms of the disease you speak of. The time I spend with my family helps reassure me that this sickness will not cosume me. I can fight it and win with the help of people who love me. Its the time I spend alone that scares me.

Mikejl

Reaction score

LOL...I can't be the only one who has heard/used that expression. The "pops" that I was referring to where Sam Adams Summer Ale.

Signed,
Misunderstood
LOL ... We came to California from Iowa many many years ago. Pop has always = Soda to us mid westerners.

Mike