a buddy got a new droid x. one click root work?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Most likely 2.2 since Froyo has been out for them fo some time now.

i have had a rooted droid 1 for a while now but, my x will arrive later this week. my question is will it come on 2.1 or 2.2? if it comes on 2.1 should i update to 2.2 before rooting? i think i read about a new update coming out. thanks!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

digdug1

Reaction score
thanks droid does! i hope so but for some reason it doesn't i should update then root?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I would. All of the Xs I've activated have had 2.2 out of the box for a few weeks now so yours should be the same. Happy rooting!! :dancedroid:

thanks droid does! i hope so but for some reason it doesn't i should update then root?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

OP
?

???

Reaction score
back with an update.

i had him load z4root from the market and he said it locked up his phone when he tried. had to do a battery pull. so didn't get any farther than that.

you guys are all using it on yours?

android wireless tether is what i was going to have him use, since i've had good luck with it. barnacal worked for me for a bit and i donated, but after updated to 2.2 on my droid 1 it never really worked right again. so i gave up on it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
back with an update.

i had him load z4root from the market and he said it locked up his phone when he tried. had to do a battery pull. so didn't get any farther than that.

you guys are all using it on yours?

android wireless tether is what i was going to have him use, since i've had good luck with it. barnacal worked for me for a bit and i donated, but after updated to 2.2 on my droid 1 it never really worked right again. so i gave up on it.

How that could happen is, well, hard to understand unless he panicked and did something. I mean it's one button push 30 seconds later you're rooted.

gbright666

Reaction score
I used z4root last night on my dx. First i did a fresh reboot. Than I hit the perminant root button and it worked perfectly. I also have usb debuting turned on (don't really know if it matters).

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I rooted my wifes 3 week old D2 Monday afternoon of this week using the z4root app. It took me running it 3 times to get it to finally finish the process. The first 2 times it would load up, but then set for upwards of 5 minutes doing nothing and displaying no progress. The third time, I poped the battery out, back in, booted the phone back on, and then re-ran z4root and it was finished in less than 3 minutes! Snagged wifi tether to make sure I had a good root, and it worked flawlessly...

My advice...run it again, and if it acts like it isnt doing anything for more than 3-5 minutes...stop it and pop the battery out and do a clean reboot and try again...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used z4root last night on my dx. First i did a fresh reboot. Than I hit the perminant root button and it worked perfectly. I also have usb debuting turned on (don't really know if it matters).

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Absolutely it matters. A message pops up and tells you to turn it on.

floods

Reaction score
Forgot to add: used Z4root, couldn't get it to root while connected to my Mac. Unmounted, tried again, and it worked great! Just throwing it out for any Mac users who may run into it.

rwaustin

Reaction score
Just upgrade z4 and all is well. I am not impressed with the broadcast speed but I guess it is just for when there is no wifi to snag. 3g is just not that fast.