'A Better Camera' App is Having a 90% Off Holiday Sale in the Google Play Store; Only a Buck!

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
a-better-camera-app.jpg

If the camera app that comes with your smartphone has you wanting more, then "A Better Camera" app is just the ticket. This app has received widespread praise for its versatility, powerful features and amazing image quality. The best part is that the developer is having a holiday sale right now and you can get it for only $0.99! That's 90% off the original price!

Here's a breakdown of its feature-set from the Google Play Store:
90% Christmas sale! Limited time offer!
Meet HDR Video mode!!! Available for Android 4.3+

All-purpose, full featured camera for Android:
* HDR: vivid colors and rich detail, photos looking like taken with a DSLR and processed with Pro software
* Panorama: up to 360 degrees, up to 100 MPix
* Unwanted objects removal: remove objects from the photo with a tap
* Night mode: capture sharp and noise-free photos in any illumination
* Group portrait: make everyone smile, fuse faces from series of photos into one
* Video recording + time lapse
* Pre-shot: capture what happened before you tap the button
* Sequence shot: capture the evolution of the dynamic scene
* Burst and expo-bracketing: Pro functions in your mobile camera
* Self-timer
* Zoom
* RAW capture (Nexus 5 with Android 5 currently)

+ full access to all Camera controls, settings and functions

Try our ABC Widget. Fast access to any mode from your home screen!

Forget about having dozens of camera apps. A Better Camera does everything you need.

A number of top ranked Android camera apps such as HDR Camera+, Night Camera+ and HD Panorama+ have been melted into A Better Camera to provide you with the best, all-purpose, full featured camera app.

Video has great features, such as time lapse, and can be used with focus lock, exposure lock and white balance lock!

Being open to 3rd party developers, this application aggregates the experience of Android developers community to provide you with the most complete set of the best imaging features ever!

Join us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/abettercam
We're on Google+ https://plus.google.com/112729683723267883775
Google+ users https://plus.google.com/communities/103957012133107908911

This app really does have no equal from any other third party developer, and it makes you wonder why the smartphone & tablet developers can't create something this good for their devices. In fact, it's so good, it makes you think you somehow installed an improved camera on your device!

Thanks for the tip, @leeshor!

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Going to give this a try. Thanks!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
With that many features and do dads I'm disappointed it doesn't have metering mode.
It's slower than the Note4 native camera but does take a nice shot and has a lot of bells and whistles the stock camera doesn't to make it feel and act more like a stand alone camera. Perhaps they'll add metering in an update
I'd pay .99 for it again but not more.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
With that many features and do dads I'm disappointed it doesn't have metering mode.
It's slower than the Note4 native camera but does take a nice shot and has a lot of bells and whistles the stock camera doesn't to make it feel and act more like a stand alone camera. Perhaps they'll add metering in an update
I'd pay .99 for it again but not more.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
Does the ISO setting work? If so, this could be what the other person needs in my "I'm back" thread.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does the ISO setting work? If so, this could be what the other person needs in my "I'm back" thread.
These are the possible changes to iso and under main settings , more, general, more, save configuration you can choose which settings, including iso, to keep the same with each launch.
b7c48d8966b5b953045f0d0dc3bfcfd8.jpg

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I'm not impressed with the camera. I took a series of three shots each using the stock Moto X camera, the Google camera app, and this app(free version). They were still shots of my Christmas tree. I took them both with HDR on and off with the flash off. Of the three this app did the worst. The HDR shots with the Google camera looked the best followed closely by the HDR from the stock app.

This app also forced closed on me both times I selected the low light setting.

It has a ton of nice features but I'm going to pass on it.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Strange...it says "90% off", but my price was "FREE".

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Hmmmm....no charge for me either. But then I went through a 3rd party camera app phase awhile ago, so I may have paid for this already.
UIMuyhU.png

S5 tap'n

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Mine was .99 and I feel it was worth every penny. (there is a free version as well). I have 4 different camera apps, just on my LG and if you can get past the 15 minutes (just looking at ...more settings) of setup and tuning it is more flexible than all the other camera apps put together. The ISO settings alone are better than most other camera apps and seem to me to work just fine.

I personally don't see an image quality issue against the other apps but I'm still testing settings.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I personally don't see an image quality issue against the other apps but I'm still testing settings.

Agreed. This was one of the reasons I didn't keep this app....I didn't notice any improvement in actual picture quality, and since my S3 & S5 already had most of the features this app provides, I returned to stock.
I can see it being useful in the Turbo & Nexus though, being that they don't provide much in the way of stock camera features, so that'll be really helpful for these users
Since I apparently already paid for it, I did go ahead and redownload it just to see if anything new was added since using it last.

S5 tap'n

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agreed. This was one of the reasons I didn't keep this app....I didn't notice any improvement in actual picture quality, and since my S3 & S5 already had most of the features this app provides, I returned to stock.
I can see it being useful in the Turbo & Nexus though, being that they don't provide much in the way of stock camera features, so that'll be really helpful for these users
Since I apparently already paid for it, I did go ahead and redownload it just to see if anything new was added since using it last.

S5 tap'n
The beauty is once paid it's forever paid, no matter the future phone. CZFX was my go to for burst mode on the Note2 because it blew away the stock camera app for that and it was my default on the Rezound and Inc.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Reactions: cr6