$99 droids at best buy!

rothenbj

Reaction score
I was at Best Buy today and saw that they have a special moto droid price for just one week, only $99! I've been timid to jump in a get my first smartphone, especially after reading this forum about all there is to know to navigate its complexities. But I want verizon and I want the best phone for tracking cardio, music options. and other apps. This must be a sign to finally get my droid!

DON'T BUY A DROID! It becomes permanently attached to your hand! :) :) :)

SHHHHHHHH! Don't tell him about the obsessive addiction yet! Didn't you take the DF Pledge of Allegiance?

OOPS, forgot. Sorry, won't happen again.:)

pigpen

Reaction score
I just checked up here in new york city, and thats not advertised in the bestbuy sunday paper flyer, so it may be a regional offer, or just for that store, or their stores only in general. Alot of us got ours for $299.00 with a $100.00 dollar rebate. I got 3 of them a week after they released.

OP
Sal

Sal

Reaction score
SHHHHHHHH! Don't tell him about the obsessive addiction yet! Didn't you take the DF Pledge of Allegiance?

Actually, I'm a chick. Which makes my new-found droid-related nerdiness even more alarming! Or charming, maybe? :)

Sorry, Sal, just assumed... Actually there are quite a few of us Droid chicks here, but the guys far outnumber us - so far! Yeah, if you're already addicted to the Forum, your life is pretty much over after you buy your own toy!!

Maybe this should start another thread, but any issues/ap preferences especially for girl-droids? For instance, I noticed that my nails -- which aren't super long -- do get in the way a little on the physical keyboard...Hate to stereotype, but...

OP
Sal

Sal

Reaction score
I just checked up here in new york city, and thats not advertised in the bestbuy sunday paper flyer, so it may be a regional offer, or just for that store, or their stores only in general. Alot of us got ours for $299.00 with a $100.00 dollar rebate. I got 3 of them a week after they released.

They said the offer began today. It was at a store in Washington D.C. Didn't have my old Verizon dumb phone with me so I have to go back to purchase. Glad I checked it out here first though...

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Actually, I'm a chick. Which makes my new-found droid-related nerdiness even more alarming! Or charming, maybe? :)

Sorry, Sal, just assumed... Actually there are quite a few of us Droid chicks here, but the guys far outnumber us - so far! Yeah, if you're already addicted to the Forum, your life is pretty much over after you buy your own toy!!

Maybe this should start another thread, but any issues/ap preferences especially for girl-droids? For instance, I noticed that my nails -- which aren't super long -- do get in the way a little on the physical keyboard...Hate to stereotype, but...

If you go to Community / Social Groups / there's a Girls Only group...

OP
Sal

Sal

Reaction score

If you go to Community / Social Groups / there's a Girls Only group...

Cool. Thanks.

OP
Sal

Sal

Reaction score

kristoff125

Reaction score
At least with the droid you can overclock and flash a new rom to keep it more updated than even the newest phones.

twmac

Reaction score
i feel stupid having paid $200 for one like 2 weeks ago directly from verizon. i got screwed by my own impatience

still, easily the best phone i've ever had though

drivinfocused

Reaction score
So you guys/gals may be able to help me out on this you can upgrade your plan through bestbuy with verizon right? So if I can find that deal I will go with it now in my local bestbuy........

Edit I just checked my local best buy ad and it was by no joke 599.99!!!! The Eros was 499.99!!!!

Last edited:

kristoff125

Reaction score
So you guys/gals may be able to help me out on this you can upgrade your plan through bestbuy with verizon right? So if I can find that deal I will go with it now in my local bestbuy........

Edit I just checked my local best buy ad and it was by no joke 599.99!!!! The Eros was 499.99!!!!

That's just going in and getting the phone, no contract renewal, no plan, no upgrade discount, just going in and buying the phone w/o service, or upgrading it w/o an update available.

OP
Sal

Sal

Reaction score

The $99 deal today was offered in writing on a flyer at my Best Buy in Wash D.C., with a 2 year contract. Not sure if its just a regional thing or what...

jayinla

Reaction score
Bought a Droid from BB 3 weeks ago here in socal. Walked in today with my receipt and was credited back $100. It is indeed on sale this week only. Thanks for the find!