99.2b versus 99.3b question

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Bear in NM, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Since Matth3w was kind enough to provide a link to SPRecovery 0.993b in his tutorial (thank you) can anyone let me know what changes are in it over 2b. I had erroneoulsy thought that you needed their market app to get it, and my phone is running so well right now I am a little concerned about flashing it.

Thanks,

Craig
  2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

I think it is highly suggested that you always have the latest version of SPRecovery....

Cause whenever .2b was the only one out everything you did always said MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST VERSION OF SPRECOVERY in it somewhere lol

I'm not sure what the differences are between 3b and 2b, I looked at mine with 3b and couldn't find anything that looked different at all...

They could've just made it because it had something to do with their new ROM because SPRecovery installed the entire ROM for you, now thats something the older versions didn't do....so maybe thats the only difference
  3. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Nate,

Thanks, you may have answered my question. If you do not see any added functionality on the surface (additional menus/mounts/etc) then I may perhaps not flash it. As I am running a 2.0.1 rom, and using Taz's oc 2.0 kernel, may not be worth it, although I understand in theory a flash to the recovery portion of the phone should not foul other partitions. Still.........

Craig
  4. canyoufindben

canyoufindben New Member

3b added functions needed for interaction with the SM Updater app in the market.
    Edit: You don't need 3b to get the app, but the app does need 3b to keep you up to day if you are on the Sholes.info ROMs. When you run the app, it will try to install the new 3b itself. No adb or terminal needed.
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
Search tags for this page

compare 2b vs 3b threads