928Droid Black Glass X Themed SWYPE for Droid X and Droid 2 - Patch/Update Zip

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
One other Question. And I know this is the Swype thread, sorry.

The ADW patch that comes with this theme. Do I install the zip then download ADW from market? Or have it install prior to installing zip?

ronjr123

Reaction score
Since installing this theme last week, google maps and search had updates on the market and are no longer themed. Is there a patch for these?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
Sorry about the noobness but I'm a quick learner.

Going forward, shall we continue right here or should I find/start a tread about my issue? I just want to make this as easy as possible for you being that I somewhat understand how intense your work is providing such quality work.

To save from posting back and forth I'll give you my bio: I'm running FlyX v0.1 FINAL, 928DroidBlackGlassX-OTA2315-DeOdexEERR, and I can't remember how I got the Gallery3DMT (meaning I'm not sure if it came with 928 Black Glass or if I loaded it seperately. By the time you reply I should have that figured out).

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does this Zip require me to have the full black glass theme installed or can I run it as a stand-alone theme for my swype?

Thanks for the awesome work btw!

As far as I know you need to have the theme in order to apply a patch to the Swype.

Yes, if you use my Black Glass Themed Swype on a phone that doesn't have my Theme on it.... you will be looking for the SBF to repair your phone.

JUST KIDDING!! :) It will work the same with or without my Theme.

I stand corrected by 928. And that was messed up 928 putting that big of gap there before saying just kidding. LOL:)

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Hey 928!

I've had one issue that I haven't seen anyone else have yet. I go to unlock the screen sometimes and it reboots at the eye on me.

It really minor and I may just uninstall theme and reinstall.

Thanks again for the theme and patch, looks great!

Oh, I'm not running a MOD. Just DX, 2.2 OTA, rooted, deodex'd and 928 theme and swype patch.

Did you use the DeOdexed Theme or the DeOdexEERR Theme?

If you didn't use the DeOdexEERR I recommend you do that and make sure you download the latest version.

Yes I used the 928DroidBlackGlassX-DroidX-OTA2315-DeOdexEERR-THEME because I didn't know how to deodex manually. And I watched when it was unzipping and it said "removing odex."

Your probably not going to like my answer, but I recommend doing a Data Reset/Wipe. It's not that big of a deal and will not effect your Root . After you do that make sure you download and install the latest verion of the DeodexEERR Theme (dated last week, if you already have the latest one, use it) and reinstall it before letting the Market reinstall all your Market apps.

Let me know how it goes.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
One other Question. And I know this is the Swype thread, sorry.

The ADW patch that comes with this theme. Do I install the zip then download ADW from market? Or have it install prior to installing zip?

My ADW patch IS the app... if you download the Market version or let it download automatcially (uncheck that option in the ADW in Market app) you will not have the Themed version. The Market downloaded/installed version in data/app will "override" my Themed version in system/app.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Since installing this theme last week, google maps and search had updates on the market and are no longer themed. Is there a patch for these?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

The Maps 4.5.1 Patch update Thread is here in my area. The latest Search is too and is also included in all the current Theme downloads on my website.

Just like my last post, if you let (automatically or manually) the Market download and install theses apps they will take precedence over my Themed versions. Uninstall in Manage Applications, most likely the option there will be "Unisntall Updates". Reboot and you should have my Themed versions again.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did you use the DeOdexed Theme or the DeOdexEERR Theme?

If you didn't use the DeOdexEERR I recommend you do that and make sure you download the latest version.

Yes I used the 928DroidBlackGlassX-DroidX-OTA2315-DeOdexEERR-THEME because I didn't know how to deodex manually. And I watched when it was unzipping and it said "removing odex."

Your probably not going to like my answer, but I recommend doing a Data Reset/Wipe. It's not that big of a deal and will not effect your Root . After you do that make sure you download and install the latest verion of the DeodexEERR Theme (dated last week, if you already have the latest one, use it) and reinstall it before letting the Market reinstall all your Market apps.

Let me know how it goes.

Do you mean do a data wipe and run my backup zip? Just want to make sure if I run a backup zip that wasn't deodexed it wont screw any thing up. Cause I actually wiped data/cache before installing it the first time. So do you think I should still do it again? Obviously you do or you wouldn't have said so:) And not a system reset from the default recovery? The one in clockwork?

Thanks 928!!!

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Sorry about the noobness but I'm a quick learner.

Going forward, shall we continue right here or should I find/start a tread about my issue? I just want to make this as easy as possible for you being that I somewhat understand how intense your work is providing such quality work.

To save from posting back and forth I'll give you my bio: I'm running FlyX v0.1 FINAL, 928DroidBlackGlassX-OTA2315-DeOdexEERR, and I can't remember how I got the Gallery3DMT (meaning I'm not sure if it came with 928 Black Glass or if I loaded it seperately. By the time you reply I should have that figured out).

I can only provide support for my Theme on a Stock Rom, none of my Themes for the DX/D2 are made for any custom roms yet. Flashing my Themes that are clearly stated for Stock Roms only is an "on your own" type deal. Not knowing what these customs roms add or take away makes it impossible to troubleshoot issues. I will say the the normal Gallery 3D app most likely came from FlyX Rom, I know it didn't come from my Theme.

Also of note, using any Rom that deletes certain Blur apps can cause a loss of the very functions that makes the DX so kick-butt. The Gallery app for example, by removing it and replacing it with the normal Gallery 3D app as some Custom Roms do... guess what, you have just lost the built in option native to the stock Gallery to plug your HDMI cable into a TV and display your photos (and maybe even Videos??) as that is not supported in the normal Gallery app like it is in the Blur Gallery app. Another quick simple example, if the stock DX Music app is replaced with the so called "better" Android or Mod versions... now you can't play muisic when using the Car Dock. Those are just 2 issues, there are many examples of this when people delete stock apks from the DX. Even just deleting the PNI-Moto.apk (the Print to Retail option in the Stock Gallery app) will cause any videos you record after that to not play back..and maybe not even record even though they appear to.

Until the Custom ROMs for the DX "mature" and everyone making them learns all of these nuances about the DX, I highly recommend you stick with the Stock ROM for the best overall DX experiance. As always, that is just my opinion.

Also, specifically concerning FlyX..and correct me if I am wrong...but isn't it still made from the first 2.2 leak (2.3.9)??? If so you are missing out on the performance and enhancements of the current OTA 2.3.15 version. Again, just my opinion, but if you want to run a custom Rom, they are many much never versions available based on the latest version...But even with those, unless you have installed the OTA update you are still missing the latest "engine" of 2.3.15 because no current Rom can change that, only the Officail OTA can currently do that. IF you did get the OTA update, then you are going backwards using any Custom Rom that is not 2.3.15 based.

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
Thanks bro. I'm new to this and I think I started moving too fast with the ROMs. I will stick with the 928 Black Glass and I still will make a donation. Now I just have to make some changes. Thanks again for your help. 928 FTW! dancedroid