928Droid Black Glass - MAPS v4.5.1 Patch Update released -D1/D2/DX

Status
Not open for further replies.

LRiley

Reaction score
Don't uninstall

Having an issue on Droid 1. When I install the file, it installs under the name com.google.android.maps.apk rather than Maps.apk and it displays four generic Android icons on my app list under the com.google.android.maps name. When clicking on any of them, the app FC's. Any thoughts? This occurred while installing via the update.zip method and then trying to push it via ADB...

Where do yo usee it install as com.whatever??? in Data/app ?

If so you did not uninstall the Market version first.

My zip install it in system/app as maps.apk

No, I thought that was the issue as well but I checked and it's not installing in the data partition but as Maps.apk in the system partition. The previous Maps.apk was uninstalled prior as well.

ayy man install from the market then apply the patch through recovery I did that n it works fine also gets rid of the update message in the market

T-Dev

Reaction score
Same issue for me.
tried removing using Chevy's tools and it uninstalls. Then I loaded the update file and it has 4 icons under the name com.google.android.maps.apk

Finally just removed it again and installed from market without using the update so I can access the maps.

dboss007

Reaction score
Same issue for me.
tried removing using Chevy's tools and it uninstalls. Then I loaded the update file and it has 4 icons under the name com.google.android.maps.apk

Finally just removed it again and installed from market without using the update so I can access the maps.

Try the attachment I have in the last post. :)

T-Dev

Reaction score
Same issue for me.

Try the attachment I have in the last post. :)

That one worked, Thank you!!!
what is different between the 2 files?

stopswitch

Reaction score
gmail update?

Are we going to see a gmail app update anytime in the near future? Just wondering cause I can't update from market due to theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.