Not open for further replies.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
928Droid Black Glass - MAPS v4.5.1 Patch Update for D1/D2/DX released!

Be sure to UNINSTALL Market verion FIRST if already installed!

Link below, install like any update zip.

For Droid 1 be sure to use the file with "DROID1" in the file name

Enjoy!

Attachments

• 928DroidBlackGlassX-Maps-451-Patch.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 388
  • 928DroidBlackGlass-DROID1-MAPSv451-PatchUpdate.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 304

Jimmyzla

Reaction score
Hey Dave - uninstalled market patch installed yours - no issue - still shows 4.5.0 and market still wants to update me. Any ideas?

kdkinc

Reaction score
Hey Dave - uninstalled market patch installed yours - no issue - still shows 4.5.0 and market still wants to update me. Any ideas?

I installed with "Koush" no issues at all . I had also deleted map before the install.
Maybe that might help??

:icon_eek::icon_eek:

dboss007

Reaction score
Having an issue on Droid 1. When I install the file, it installs under the name com.google.android.maps.apk rather than Maps.apk and it displays four generic Android icons on my app list under the com.google.android.maps name. When clicking on any of them, the app FC's. Any thoughts? This occurred while installing via the update.zip method and then trying to push it via ADB...

kdkinc

Reaction score
Having an issue on Droid 1. When I install the file, it installs under the name com.google.android.maps.apk rather than Maps.apk and it displays four generic Android icons on my app list under the com.google.android.maps name. When clicking on any of them, the app FC's. Any thoughts? This occurred while installing via the update.zip method and then trying to push it via ADB...

I'm on the Dx but I used the bootloader to apply the .zip. Is that what your doing???
Oh! I uninstalled the old before the new file

PS LIKE your wallpaper very colorful..

dboss007

Reaction score

I'm on the Dx but I used the bootloader to apply the .zip. Is that what your doing???
Oh! I uninstalled the old before the new file

PS LIKE your wallpaper very colorful..

Installed through Clockwork Recovery the first time and when that didn't work pushed the actual APK via ADB. Both had the same results so I think its something with the APK file itself.

Thanks, love that wallpaper as well. :)

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

Where do yo usee it install as com.whatever??? in Data/app ?

If so you did not uninstall the Market version first.

My zip install it in system/app as maps.apk

dboss007

Reaction score

Where do yo usee it install as com.whatever??? in Data/app ?

If so you did not uninstall the Market version first.

My zip install it in system/app as maps.apk

No, I thought that was the issue as well but I checked and it's not installing in the data partition but as Maps.apk in the system partition. The previous Maps.apk was uninstalled prior as well.

Jimmyzla

Reaction score
When I completely uninstalled maps using titanium and then installed this update I didn't even have a maps app available. Had to install the market version to get back.

Droid 1 cm 6

renlan

Reaction score
I have same issue as dboss007. Tried installing a few times after uninstalling and cleaning out old map files. No luck. Used update.zip to install via clockwork. Running SS 4.7 with Black Theme Chevy 800 LV.

Status
Not open for further replies.