928Droid-Back-To-Stock dROIDx

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by wierdo, Aug 25, 2010.

1. wierdo

wierdo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,
    Just last week I installed 928Droidd's Black glass theme on my droid X. I currently have android 2.1 update 1 stock rom from Verizon. In order to flash the Froyo 2.2 leak, I need to return everything back to stock.

When I attempt to load the 929Droid-BackToStock-DroidX-21-UpdateZIP.zip in metamorph, It closes with the following error:

"The theme you selected is invalid beacuse the theme control file is missing, or it is not correctly written."

Am I supposed to rename the zip file to update.zip and then flash it from the bootlaoder? I have been unable to find instructions on how to revert back to stock with this file. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

2. 928Droid

928Droid Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Unless the file name has "MeteMorph" or "MM" in it, it is NOT a MetaMorph file and is an update.zip type file.

If you are using the current version of my BTS file it is indeed an update.zip, install via Bootloader/Recovery.

3. wierdo

wierdo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks!

Installed the recovery from koush, and was able to apply the backtostock zip just fine. It got rid of the translucent status bar, but left the "fade-in out-style app list, and I still scroll from left to right for all the apps as opposed to scrolling down (stock).

I wonder if this is "stock" enough to flash 2.2 rom to the droidx? I am about to try unless anyone can talk me out of it.dancedroid

4. BuglessFan

BuglessFan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You should ordinarily wipe data and cache before you install a new ROM, so it doesn't really matter what it's like when you do that, as everything is blown away. You should worry more about having a good nandroid backup set up the way you like to go back to when changing ROMs (not just themes, but actual ROMs).