904 Cheesecaked.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Been asleep at the wheel this past month... is. 904 the same update they pushed to the RAZR instead of the much anticipated ICS?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
There's a permalink to the FXZ in the FXZ sticky thread in this forum... Also 904 seems to be working pretty fantastically for the 12 hours or so that I've been using it.
I've noticed a few minor differences:
Gmail app force closed on exit on me once, and the gmail app notification icon is red instead of grey (wtf?)
Apps that used to have some difficulty getting their data now have little to no problems. Specifically, the weather channel app used to struggle to get animated radar map data on 4g (while being fine on wifi), and would often just be entirely unable to get radar map data. It's now able to download and render the animated radar map even quicker on 4g than on wifi.
Videos on Youtube seem to start sooner on 4g (I don't have any data on this of course, but it seems like it used to take forever to start a video once I clicked on it).

Also Titanium backup borked my play store into an infinite force-close-loop the first time I updated, so I had to FXZ back to 902, recovery into 904, motofail to root, then merely deselected restoring the play store in TiBu and it seems like everything is working great and is back to normal (minus the single force close in gmail, of course).

I'll have to spend some more time with it to see if I come across anything else: data drops, force closes, etc.

wilboy

Reaction score
Additional info(at least for me)...battery consume:the same like 902..Video: lil bit laggy!

mike02vr6

Reaction score
Y phone has been absolutely terrible sonce .902I can't even keep 4g and battery life sucks phone has been very laggy. I guess I will wait a little longer to see if .904 can help me.other than that I really do like the phone though

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

haimez

Reaction score
Additional info(at least for me)...battery consume:the same like 902..Video: lil bit laggy!

Can't say I've had the same results. NY battery life seems to be a little bit better than 902 (60% instead of 40% at the end of the day), and I haven't seen any issues with video. What kind of video is "laggy" for you?

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Very happy with .902 as well. Working well enough that I'll just wait for ICS. Will spend my time breaking something else. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

wilboy

Reaction score
Can't say I've had the same results. NY battery life seems to be a little bit better than 902 (60% instead of 40% at the end of the day), and I haven't seen any issues with video. What kind of video is "laggy" for you?
About battery..i said:the same like when i was on 902(w/ my normal use 20% remaining in 24 hrs.....read my lips..24 hrs.:),this includes the 35 min. video during my breaktime )i'm so sensitive when it come to battery ya know?!,actually i have had it on my SIG. on "how your battery keeps life longer" .:) Well, 'bout videos,yap,it's fine now,it was just yesterday due to that video site...but this afternoon,it was so smooth....well..if this 904 is lil bit better...so is the ICS too,right?....nah,let's wait and see!!:biggrin:

PS..and oh..i'll try to calibrate my battery tonight..am always doing this when changing ROM!

Last edited:

wilboy

Reaction score
@ rck76,what's up?Have you tried 904 yet?Been out for a long time..that's why?! :)

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
@ rck76,what's up?Have you tried 904 yet?Been out for a long time..that's why?! :)

Nope, I will no longer install leaks...waiting for the official release. Even though it's already been officially announced, I would still like to wait to be on the safe side;)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

wilboy

Reaction score
Nope, I will no longer install leaks...waiting for the official release. Even though it's already been officially announced, I would still like to wait to be on the safe side;)

Well,can't blame you anyway..while me and other/s are enjoying the benefits of 904.:biggrin:Just in case,you've change your mind and decided to try d 904 and went bricked...i have had a file(FXZ) of 902 on this thread( posted @ #15)..but i know..if i can..the more you can,right?:biggrin:

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well,can't blame you anyway..while me and other/s are enjoying the benefits of 904.:biggrin:Just in case,you've change your mind and decided to try d 904 and went bricked...i have had a file(FXZ) of 902 on this thread( posted @ #15)..but i know..if i can..the more you can,right?:biggrin:

I'll keep that in mind:) You know what though? I was thinking if there was ICS leak for the bionic (which at this point seems off in the very distant future), I would probably install it as long as everything worked:p

OP
T

Tonik

Reaction score
Once I heard it's a soak test....

Where did you hear that? I have been in all the other soak tests, am still signed up for other soak tests and I have not seen any notification of one. Nor have I seen anyone else mention there was a soak test on this version.

CurGeorge8

Reaction score
Can anyone who installed .904 verify if the FoxFi app still works? I would speculate that big red isn't to happy about it, and might be looking to close a "security hole"