901 update??

shiningstar

Reaction score
Can someone plz post the link to the 901 update so I can try to get it? I tried one link on here and I couldn't get it to work....Thanks

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
S

shiningstar

Reaction score
Thank you! How do I drop it to my SD card? Im not good with all this phone technology.....sorry

IanG

Reaction score
Thank you! How do I drop it to my SD card? Im not good with all this phone technology.....sorry

I hate to be "that guy", but if you're not sure how to put the .zip on your SD card, you should probably just wait until the OTA.

OP
S

shiningstar

Reaction score
Okay

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
IanG has a point, but if you're willing to try it, here's the steps I used:

1. Go to Menu>Setting>Applications>Development and check "USB Debugging.
2. Plug phone into computer.
3. Press "Mass USB Storage" from the list of choices. Two drives will show up. One is MOT (Internal Storage) and the Removable Drive (SD-EXT).
4. Put the downloaded file on the root (ie main area) of SD-EXT (not internal storage). No need to change the name.
5. Eject both MOT and Removable Drive and disconnect the phone from your computer.
6. Power phone down
7. Reboot into stock recovery (adb reboot recovery) by holding Power and Volume Up/Down at the same time.
8. When the robot appears, press both volume keys in at the same time.
9. Select “apply update from sdcard” using the volume keys, then Power to initiate it.
10. Using the Volume keys, choose the file that you downloaded above, press Power and let it load.
11. When the install is done, press Power. It'll reboot, but it'll be longer than normal (a few minutes)

Last edited:

Batman8

Reaction score
Question for all:

I previously installed the leaked .893 and ForeverRoot, then later used the FXZ method to get back to stock .886 successfully. I later received the .893 OTA update from Verizon so I feel pretty safe that I am obviously back on the upgrade path since I DID receive it over the air. However, I have now had more data connection problems than ever since I got the OTA .893, so I am considering using the .901 update that is packaged within P3Droid's new one-click method.

Has anyone tried just using the .901 update from there by itself (without running the one-click scripts and all)? And if so, does anyone know for sure that it will keep you on the upgrade path if installing the update all by itself? I'm hoping that the ForeverRoot will keep me rooted as well.

These connection issues are driving me crazy, and I hear that folks on .901 are having no problems at all. Please share your thoughts. Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
S

shiningstar

Reaction score
I am experienceing the same problems so that's way I was trying to find out how to get the 901....

Narffran

Reaction score
Question for all:

I previously installed the leaked .893 and ForeverRoot, then later used the FXZ method to get back to stock .866 successfully. I later received the .893 OTA update from Verizon so I feel pretty safe that I am obviously back on the upgrade path since I DID receive it over the air. However, I have now had more data connection problems than ever since I got the OTA .893, so I am considering using the .901 update that is packaged within P3Droid's new one-click method.

Has anyone tried just using the .901 update from there by itself (without running the one-click scripts and all)? And if so, does anyone know for sure that it will keep you on the upgrade path if installing the update all by itself? I'm hoping that the ForeverRoot will keep me rooted as well.

These connection issues are driving me crazy, and I hear that folks on .901 are having no problems at all. Please share your thoughts. Thanks.

That's just about what I did to get to .901. ForeverRoot when on .893 before going to.901 and it kept root no problems there or since. Not sure about staying on the upgrade path. But then again we always manage a way to upgrade when needed! Maybe the next update would be ICS and everyone would get it no matter where they stand (Wishful thinking)

Tonik

Reaction score

I installed the 901 straight from the 893 OTA with root and kept root. And I believe that most people did it as I did....without the scripts. The scripts are for a different issue, to fix people that got off the upgrad path with 5.7.893. Now, will you keep root for sure, I can't say for sure. I did, seems like most everyone did. A few people lost root but my opinion is they made a mistake along the way, thought they were forever rooted but were not.