901 update borks signal bar accuracy?

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have noticed between the .893 an. 901 update that the signal bar accuracy is different cuz on the .893 update with a signal of -85 dbm that i have 3 out of 4 bars an fluctuates between 2 and 3 bars but mainly stays on 3 bars where as the .901 update its stays on 4 bars at -85 dbm an then bounces from 2 to 4 bars speratically the holds 4 bars the bounces speratically is anyone else seeing this an if u can give me an explanation on what the phone is doing?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
Don't worry about the bars, they're just an easy reference, which as you noticed aren't all that accurate

Last edited:

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Bars have always been messed up on my Android device. I wouldn't go by bars for anything.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Bars have always been messed up on my Android device. I wouldn't go by bars for anything.

So what is a good rule of thumb for signal strength?

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
I have always paid attention to the dbm. I currently use Clarus Signal app with the widget on my homescreen. it looks cool and has many customizable features.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
So what is a good rule of thumb for signal strength?

I use a system info app like elixir2 to show my signal strength or I just go by dbms. I believe anything -60 to -90 is ok. I never trusted the visual bar at the top of the phone. There are other signal strength test apps on the market too.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk