.901 Compatible KIN3XT v1.0 and P3's one click upgrade

monkeywrench14

Reaction score
Update:
I was finally able to recover using a variety of tutorials scattered all over the Internet. When I got back in, it looked like I was on stock, un-rooted .889. I'm running the runmebbb script again now.

Pray for me

Edit:
This time it got further!!!! YES!!!! Not sure what happened the first time, but runmebbb could never get passed the initial reboot!

Hey i am in the same situation could you please tell me what you did so i can fix my phone i have tried everything and am stuck.

JME007

Reaction score
Hey droidgod23 are still working on updating kinetx to 901. Just wanted to see how the the progress was going.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

scarabshell

Reaction score
Hey droidgod23 are still working on updating kinetx to 901. Just wanted to see how the the progress was going.

I've been on it for almost a week, still working like a champ

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
dr0idg0d23

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score

I was going to but, I am new to development and I can't get any support from th3ory right now because he quit. I can't simply update his rom to a new system without at least knowing which XML files were edited. He won't respond to any of my pm's and deleted his email account. I am going to have to start from the beginning using his rom as a base but, lots will be different. I will call the rom series "G0dTh3ory"
I do not yet have a time frame though because I also happen to be trying to switch jobs at the moment and the one I'm trying to get into has an intense hiring process including background checks and medical exams. I haven't lost interest though. There is nothing really different about the .901 system vs the .894 system. As long as your phone is updated to the .901 kernel and radio, you are reaping all the benefits of .901 already and still getting the best th3ory experience.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

WA_Bob

Reaction score
Thanks for updating Kin3tx to .901 at the very least! I'd been missing it since I went back t0 .893 and then to .891 and I've very happy to have it back! :happy3:

I hope you can get in touch with Droid Th3ory again and let him know his works are still appreciated and used out here, even if they're not his focus anymore.

Good luck with getting the job!

jp.briggs

Reaction score
So I got myself up to .901, and am now running [K]IN3TX V1.0 (reporting .894, but that's normal, right).

And I STILL have data connection issues! Is this normal for folks? Right now, I have 2 bars (white), and 4GLTE (white) showing. The upload arrow is lit, but I can't browse to Google or anything. I'm pretty sure this is on VZW's crappy LTE network now, but I have issues even on 3G. Are people finding this is the case with their Bionics? This totally blows!

Also, I notice I've got the Motorola stock Car Dock app. Any way to get the AOSP version on there? Is there an .apk (haven't really found anything), or would it be a .zip to flash?

JME007

Reaction score
Droidgod23 thanks. Good luck on the job :)

wizard

Reaction score
So I got myself up to .901, and am now running [K]IN3TX V1.0 (reporting .894, but that's normal, right).

And I STILL have data connection issues! Is this normal for folks? Right now, I have 2 bars (white), and 4GLTE (white) showing. The upload arrow is lit, but I can't browse to Google or anything. I'm pretty sure this is on VZW's crappy LTE network now, but I have issues even on 3G. Are people finding this is the case with their Bionics? This totally blows!

Also, I notice I've got the Motorola stock Car Dock app. Any way to get the AOSP version on there? Is there an .apk (haven't really found anything), or would it be a .zip to flash?

White means roaming, has nothing to do with verizons lte. Just turn on air plane mode then turn the radios back on or reboot the phone. The bionic even stock can hang on a roaming tower at times. There its no 100% fix till all 3g towers swap to 4g lte. At that time your phone will not have to use different carriers towers. Right now all 4g phones seek out any 4g tower over an available 3g even if the 4g is at& t and the 3g is verizon. This is where your white 4g is coming from.

criminal666

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am having a problem upgrading to 901 using this method. It seems no matter what I do, it says my device it cannot find my device and therefor does not copy over the files to upgrade? Any ideas what I am doing wrong? I have already tried disconnecting phone, restarting phone, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers. Thanks!

Vyruz

Reaction score
As megaupload no longer exists can someone upload the file to another site.

Sadahiro

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am having a problem upgrading to 901 using this method. It seems no matter what I do, it says my device it cannot find my device and therefor does not copy over the files to upgrade? Any ideas what I am doing wrong? I have already tried disconnecting phone, restarting phone, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers. Thanks!
sounds like you need to get the latest drivers

OP
dr0idg0d23

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score
I will look into making this compatible with 902 this weekend. My bionic is currently boxed up and I have not used it in awhile. I will also upload files to drop box seeing as how Mega upload is out of commission.

mikedav1

Reaction score
I will look into making this compatible with 902 this weekend. My bionic is currently boxed up and I have not used it in awhile. I will also upload files to drop box seeing as how Mega upload is out of commission.

Thank you if you can do it! :p