.901 Compatible KIN3XT v1.0 and P3's one click upgrade

Kryptyk

Reaction score
Just upgraded to the .901 and wanna put Kin3tx back on. Now, if I am taking this correctly, this is the base rom. Can I put like the blur and Xoom back on it from the previous version with out screwing everything up? Thanks in advance for the help. If this was posted before, chalk this post up to being to lazy to read through 27 pages of posts......sorry.

OP
dr0idg0d23

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score
Just upgraded to the .901 and wanna put Kin3tx back on. Now, if I am taking this correctly, this is the base rom. Can I put like the blur and Xoom back on it from the previous version with out screwing everything up? Thanks in advance for the help. If this was posted before, chalk this post up to being to lazy to read through 27 pages of posts......sorry.

Yes

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

llt_droid

Reaction score
After many trials I finally have 5.5.893 rooted and forever rooted. I had to stop at 5.5.893 and run the 1 click exploit then for3v3r root to get my root back. However, now when I try to flash the .901 update file, I get the following error:
Installing update...
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "cdma_targa" ||
getprop("ro.build.product") == "cdma_targa"
E:Error in /sdcard/update901.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Any ideas, guys? Thanks.

wooddale

Reaction score
After many trials I finally have 5.5.893 rooted and forever rooted. I had to stop at 5.5.893 and run the 1 click exploit then for3v3r root to get my root back. However, now when I try to flash the .901 update file, I get the following error:
Installing update...
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "cdma_targa" ||
getprop("ro.build.product") == "cdma_targa"
E:Error in /sdcard/update901.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Any ideas, guys? Thanks.
If your on 893 the zip for 901 wont work. Dh hacker had some links up but some body said they were down.

Sadahiro

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice that the vibrations for SMS messages won't work? Or is it just me? And yes, I have looked under settings and the apps settings

Sadahiro

Reaction score
Nvm solved my problem. Downloaded sound manager, enabled vibrate then uninstalled it

scarabshell

Reaction score
Ok so im on this, found dhackers link to all the old downloads. Which ones are compatible? And how you get them installed?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jp.briggs

Reaction score
So hopefully someone may be able to help me... Initially I was already on .893, rooted, and running Eclipse ROM. I unrooted (was planning on getting back to factory reset...), and then started following the directions in the OP. Running runmebbb seemed to be working, it pushed a bunch of stuff to the phone, then it rebooted. The script never seemed to actually finish. The phone would get to the "Touch the Android to begin" screen, but never go any further.

The script outputs:
Code:
  sending 'webtop' (262144 KB)... OKAY [ 25.027s]
              writing 'webtop'... OKAY [ 13.378s]
   sending 'webtop' (54016 KB)... OKAY [  5.443s]
              writing 'webtop'... OKAY [  3.190s]
[*] Rebooting phone...
                     rebooting...
[*] Rebooting the Phone
[*] Waiting for device...
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

But it doesn't go any further. The phone boots to the "Touch the Android to Continue", but never goes anywhere. So I powered off, then back up into stock recovery. I flashed BOTH zips in the same session, which seemed to work (both applied successfully) Now if I boot up, I'm still greeted by the "Touch the Android" screen. There is no cell signal, and even if I connect to WiFi, it never gets any further. I touch the Android, it says that this may take a few minutes, and there it sits forever. Am I screwed?

When running the runmebbb, the script is supposed to end, and the CMD window disappear, right? That's not happening on mine. After it pushes files (system, webtop, etc.) it reboots the phone. What should happen on the phone at this point? Is there something I need to do to get the runmebbb script to continue?

I'm downloading and will try this method Unbrick Motorola Droid Bionic With RSD Lite 5.5 [Guide]

If it works, I'd like to try the OP method again, but I'd like to know more of what to expect during the process...

Update: I can't even get that unbrick to flash. RSD Lite just comes back and says
Code:
Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process.  1/15 flash cdt.bin "cdt.bin" -> Phone returned FAIL.; phone connected

Also, if I go into the stock recovery, and try flashing the update zips again, I get
Code:
-- Install /sdcard ...
Finding update package ...
Verifying update package ...
Installing update ...
Verifying current system ...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("MTD:boot:8388608:a3de529a79b1f30f36c1b28d694a95078a2")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Urge to kill...rising

Update: on a whim tried the 8/15/2011 targa_cdma_targa-user-2.3.4-5.5.1_84_DBN-55-110814-Verizon-US.tar.gz flash, and this time it's GOING! Well, it's been on step 1/15 for quite some time now (cdt.bin), but I'm just gonna let it go.

Urge to kill...falling

Hmm...it's been on step 1/15 for about an hour now...worried about battery. I know it takes a while, but this seems like it may be broken.

Urge to kill...rising

OP
dr0idg0d23

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score
So hopefully someone may be able to help me... Initially I was already on .893, rooted, and running Eclipse ROM. I unrooted (was planning on getting back to factory reset...), and then started following the directions in the OP. Running runmebbb seemed to be working, it pushed a bunch of stuff to the phone, then it rebooted. The script never seemed to actually finish. The phone would get to the "Touch the Android to begin" screen, but never go any further.

The script outputs:
Code:
  sending 'webtop' (262144 KB)... OKAY [ 25.027s]
              writing 'webtop'... OKAY [ 13.378s]
   sending 'webtop' (54016 KB)... OKAY [  5.443s]
              writing 'webtop'... OKAY [  3.190s]
[*] Rebooting phone...
                     rebooting...
[*] Rebooting the Phone
[*] Waiting for device...
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

But it doesn't go any further. The phone boots to the "Touch the Android to Continue", but never goes anywhere. So I powered off, then back up into stock recovery. I flashed BOTH zips in the same session, which seemed to work (both applied successfully) Now if I boot up, I'm still greeted by the "Touch the Android" screen. There is no cell signal, and even if I connect to WiFi, it never gets any further. I touch the Android, it says that this may take a few minutes, and there it sits forever. Am I screwed?

When running the runmebbb, the script is supposed to end, and the CMD window disappear, right? That's not happening on mine. After it pushes files (system, webtop, etc.) it reboots the phone. What should happen on the phone at this point? Is there something I need to do to get the runmebbb script to continue?

I'm downloading and will try this method Unbrick Motorola Droid Bionic With RSD Lite 5.5 [Guide]

If it works, I'd like to try the OP method again, but I'd like to know more of what to expect during the process...

Update: I can't even get that unbrick to flash. RSD Lite just comes back and says
Code:
Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process.  1/15 flash cdt.bin "cdt.bin" -> Phone returned FAIL.; phone connected

Also, if I go into the stock recovery, and try flashing the update zips again, I get
Code:
-- Install /sdcard ...
Finding update package ...
Verifying update package ...
Installing update ...
Verifying current system ...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("MTD:boot:8388608:a3de529a79b1f30f36c1b28d694a95078a2")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Urge to kill...rising

Update: on a whim tried the 8/15/2011 targa_cdma_targa-user-2.3.4-5.5.1_84_DBN-55-110814-Verizon-US.tar.gz flash, and this time it's GOING! Well, it's been on step 1/15 for quite some time now (cdt.bin), but I'm just gonna let it go.

Urge to kill...falling

Hmm...it's been on step 1/15 for about an hour now...worried about battery. I know it takes a while, but this seems like it may be broken.

Urge to kill...rising

I am at work right now and cannot provide the amount of direction you need. I will be getting done around 10pm est and will help you then if no one else has.

jp.briggs

Reaction score
Update:
I was finally able to recover using a variety of tutorials scattered all over the Internet. When I got back in, it looked like I was on stock, un-rooted .889. I'm running the runmebbb script again now.

Pray for me

Edit:
This time it got further!!!! YES!!!! Not sure what happened the first time, but runmebbb could never get passed the initial reboot!

OP
dr0idg0d23

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score
Update:
I was finally able to recover using a variety of tutorials scattered all over the Internet. When I got back in, it looked like I was on stock, un-rooted .889. I'm running the runmebbb script again now.

Pray for me

Edit:
This time it got further!!!! YES!!!! Not sure what happened the first time, but runmebbb could never get passed the initial reboot!

Awesome. Good luck.

scarabshell

Reaction score
If you get back on 893 what i did was rooted with "rota893" then flashed 901 in stock. Then i just safestraped and flashed this on, after the necessary wipes of course.
Youll need the 893 fxz. But youll get a cdt.bin error but they got a fix you can flash, id find that first

Anyone know if you can flash one mod pak over another?

OP
dr0idg0d23

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score
If you get back on 893 what i did was rooted with "rota893" then flashed 901 in stock. Then i just safestraped and flashed this on, after the necessary wipes of course.
Youll need the 893 fxz. But youll get a cdt.bin error but they got a fix you can flash, id find that first

Anyone know if you can flash one mod pak over another?

As long as you flash in separate recovery sessions and wipe dalvik and cache each time prior to flashing.

scarabshell

Reaction score
Yea +1 to that, i found out the hard way, always flash everything separately. It knocked me into bootloops only curable by fxz. Just glad i dont hafta revert to solid stock base

monkeywrench14

Reaction score
HELP!!!! i tried to update my phone to .901 and now it doesnt have a radio signal.... no 4g or 3g. I tried to rsd lite it back to stock but it fails everytime. I dont know what to do. can anyone help me?