.901 Compatible KIN3XT v1.0 and P3's one click upgrade

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
This doesn't upgrade the baseband on kin3xt from 8.894 to 5.901 does it???

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

jlewi042

Reaction score
just wanted to report back in to say i followed the OP's instructions with a couple of differences. i verified a .901 before flashing the 901 kin3xt compatible rom (which now says .894 btw).

i would add the bit about manually putting the phone into fastboot after the 2 updates are pushed to the phone as the runmebbb.bat script doesnt actually put the phone into fastboot. you have to power down, hold volume down, power up, and once you are in fastboot you can "press any key to continue"...

another thing i would add is once the runmebbb.bat script finishes and the window closes on your computer, your phone should boot into the stock recovery. here is where you have to press both volume buttons simultaneously to get the options to install the 894 and 901 updates.

everything else should be fine. refer to my last post in this thread for the end-all, be-all unbricking method.

*also i ran the runmebbb.bat script from an unrooted, stock 866 bionic with no bootstrapper installed. however i dont know if that has anything to do with how flawless this install was for me this time.*

:hail:everyone involved who made this happen. and the nice folks who helped me in this thread.

OP
dr0idg0d23

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score
OP updated. I have clarified the instructions. I also would like to add that I will never again post a tutorial on new years drunken eve. I have however verified that all files in OP work. If it fails its because something was done wrong. I cannot predict every possibility such as what button you will push or if you'll unplug the phone too soon or accidentally skip a step. If something fails after reading the OP and the thread then reread it to insure you didn't skip anything.

There are a few more contingency files I would like to add in case you run into trouble but it must wait until Friday night or Saturday. I work all week every week and am away from the computer with very limited time to even respond to this thread via my phone. Its not that I'm purposefully ignoring you guys. I can only do what I can do.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

jlewi042

Reaction score
OP updated. I have clarified the instructions. I also would like to add that I will never again post a tutorial on new years drunken eve. I have however verified that all files in OP work. If it fails its because something was done wrong. I cannot predict every possibility such as what button you will push or if you'll unplug the phone too soon or accidentally skip a step. If something fails after reading the OP and the thread then reread it to insure you didn't skip anything.

There are a few more contingency files I would like to add in case you run into trouble but it must wait until Friday night or Saturday. I work all week every week and am away from the computer with very limited time to even respond to this thread via my phone. Its not that I'm purposefully ignoring you guys. I can only do what I can do.

thanks for updating the OP with my suggestions and as always thank you for your hard work so us android freaks have stuff to play with! :hail:

AirborneSpoon

Reaction score
Well I still got the same problem :/ It still keeps stoping after I hit enter to continue and it says Fastboot flashing partition needed. I don't know why its not workin for me

Sorry man...you got me stumped.

I am curious though, do you have Odin or RSD Lite installed on your computer? If so, do either of those programs see your phone when it is in Fastboot mode?

AirborneSpoon

Reaction score

**** happens, and nobody is perfect. I think we are all just happy that you are keeping Kin3xt going! Thank you!

Sadahiro

Reaction score
Sorry man...you got me stumped.

I am curious though, do you have Odin or RSD Lite installed on your computer? If so, do either of those programs see your phone when it is in Fastboot mode?
I don't have those. I'll try them later. Is there another way I can go back to stock? I want to try from there and all the one click programs don't work right?

jkliving92

Reaction score
I don't have those. I'll try them later. Is there another way I can go back to stock? I want to try from there and all the one click programs don't work right?

No matter what you use you gave to use a computer so you'll need it recognize it your phone either way.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Sadahiro

Reaction score
No matter what you use you gave to use a computer so you'll need it recognize it your phone either way.

Well i understand that. But i just dont knoe what it means ehen it says Fastboot partitions needed. Thats where im stuck. Thats why id rather to start from bone stock amd try from there.

jkliving92

Reaction score
Well i understand that. But i just dont knoe what it means ehen it says Fastboot partitions needed. Thats where im stuck. Thats why id rather to start from bone stock amd try from there.

Oh ok. When you get to that point boot into fastboot and see what happens. If it starts righting then you're good to go on returning to stock.

OP
dr0idg0d23

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score

I don't think I've ever seen that either. I will do some research for you and see if I can find anything.

jkliving92

Reaction score
I seeing fastboot partitions needed while the script waited for my phone to boot into fastboot. When it did it just continued.

OP
dr0idg0d23

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score

AirborneSpoon

Reaction score

It may be possible to go back to stock, but you will need RSD Lite or ODIN to do it.

I like RSD Lite, since it is an official tool from Motorola (and have successfully used it), but ODIN is also a very solid tool.

Obviously you computer is seeing the phone, since the 2 updates are being pushed to the phone...so something else may be going on..however I am unsure of what it may be.

You can follow this guide to restore your phone using RSD Lite and the stock VZW ROM for the Bionic, however, if RSD Lite isn't seeing your phone, then I got nothing.

OP
dr0idg0d23

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score
It may be possible to go back to stock, but you will need RSD Lite or ODIN to do it.

I like RSD Lite, since it is an official tool from Motorola (and have successfully used it), but ODIN is also a very solid tool.

Obviously you computer is seeing the phone, since the 2 updates are being pushed to the phone...so something else may be going on..however I am unsure of what it may be.

You can follow this guide to restore your phone using RSD Lite and the stock VZW ROM for the Bionic, however, if RSD Lite isn't seeing your phone, then I got nothing.

To my knowledge Odin is for Samsung devices only. If you are getting fasboot partitions needed from the script on the computer screen then at that point you need to manually boot into fastboot by pressing volume down and power simultaneously on your phone while leaving it plugged into the computer. Once fastboot is booted press any key on your computer to run the rest of the scripts process.