901 and received / installed the 902 soak test build??? Post here!!!

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes. I was one of the few that it got pushed to OTA.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Ok. Thanks. I wonder if they knew that they pushed it to you. I installed a leak of it. I'll wait and see if I get 902.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
While this certainly makes the most sense, I ain't doing it. My phone on .893 was horrible. I sideloaded .901 and it's been great. I'm afraid of going back! I'll wait til some kind soul uploads .902 and I'll sideload that instead.

But yeah, it makes no sense to me that Moto won't update those on .901. Something doesn't smell quite right.

The biggest problem was that the zip file always says where it's coming from, not where it's going to. For example, when you (and I) went to .901 we used Blur_Version.5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip and the new update would be the same name. If you ran that from 5.8.894 it wouldn't work. I suspect the same would be with going from 5.9.901.

Reaction score
The biggest problem was that the zip file always says where it's coming from, not where it's going to. For example, when you (and I) went to .901 we used Blur_Version.5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip and the new update would be the same name. If you ran that from 5.8.894 it wouldn't work. I suspect the same would be with going from 5.9.901.

I see your point. However, if Moto had in mind to also include the people Verizon accidentally updated to .901 earlier, then the new file should work for everyone. It appears that some people are in fact updating from current .901 to .902, so that tells me that new file downloading today should work.

In the end, it doesn't matter to me. .901 is working great for me and I don't know if .902 will do anything more/better. I'm assuming the bloatware that comes with .902 was pushed in .901, which I froze (and just unfroze, in case the update wants everything unfrozen).

krameroid

Reaction score
Just received 902 ota. Previously on .893 unrooted. I didn't sign up with moto or receive any emails about a soak test. So am I a lucky one or is it rolling out now?

WolfBrother

Reaction score
Updated my wife's phone. She lost root. Was forever rooted.
But... Might be my fault... I did not have the cheesecake updater installed.

dfcfu342

Reaction score
I can assure you it installs just fine over .901. I was one of the originals pushed .901 and had been "lurking" the forums ever since and so this is my first post dancedroid I was 4ever rooted and maintained root as well as pulled the update with no problem after seeing all the threads here.

Does Moto know exactly which phones were pushed the .901 OTA? Of course they do. I was able to pull it first shot but those who flashed it may need to rollback to .893 as their MEI and SIM ID would not be in the Moto or Verizon database as having been pushed the .901 OTA and having been pushed it I of course have to input on whether it is necessary to rollback or not :biggrin:

Happy updating!

FantomPhlasher

Reaction score
I just received the 902 OTA and captured it. Has it already been posted or do I need to Dropbox it?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC