901 and received / installed the 902 soak test build??? Post here!!!

clintro

Reaction score
To those who are running 2.1 Eclipse on .902:

Did you restore a backup of 2.1 after flashing .902 or did you install a fresh copy of eclipse 2.1 after you flashed .902?

Thanks guys!

I didn't do anything. Just installed the new radio from the file in this thread. Went from 901 to 902. I will however be flashing the new ROM non-RC version, maybe tonight. I have a trip tomorrow since it is all working well I might just leave it alone until I get back.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Frankie15

Reaction score
I didn't do anything. Just installed the new radio from the file in this thread. Went from 901 to 902. I will however be flashing the new ROM non-RC version, maybe tonight. I have a trip tomorrow since it is all working well I might just leave it alone until I get back.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

What do you mean you didn't do anything?

Did you flash .902 update and then restore a backup of 2.1 or did you just flash a new copy of 2.1 over the .902 update (without restoring anything)?

I was only referring to people who were running Eclipse 2.1 on the new .902 update.

Last edited:

Frankie15

Reaction score
I ended up just restoring my backup of Eclipse 2.1 which was made while I was on .901. Then I updated to .902 and restored my backup of Eclipse 2.1 while I was on .901. Worked just fine! I am now on my restored Eclipse 2.1 with the .902 radio.

Just a heads up for anyone else who is interested in doing so.

parton1080

Reaction score
901 to 902 worked perfectly, thanks! I retained root, but it overwrote safestrap. I guess I'll just reinstall it.

clintro

Reaction score
What do you mean you didn't do anything?

Did you flash .902 update and then restore a backup of 2.1 or did you just flash a new copy of 2.1 over the .902 update (without restoring anything)?

I was only referring to people who were running Eclipse 2.1 on the new .902 update.

I installed the radio, per instructions in this thread. When completed I was on the new radio and running Eclipse 2.1 RC1. I had Eclipse installed before upgrading and it stayed on after upgrading.

gsbjackson

Reaction score
I was an 901 OTA back last 19 Dec. Here's my Dropbox link to the 22.5 M OTA file I received tonight.

http://db.tt/GFqAz7lA

Let us know how it works as my 901 is working great and I don't really want to break what's not broken.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Thank you, thank you, thank you FantomPhlasher... you have no idea how many hours of productivity you just saved America! :icon_ lala:

Another successful update from leaked .901 to stock .902 using Recovery.

davedfd

Reaction score
am totally stock.. not rooted.. however i manually flashed .901 a while ago... i have downloaded the file that is supposed to take me from .901 to .902... what is the best practice when going about this... factory reset prior to loading .902??

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
am totally stock.. not rooted.. however i manually flashed .901 a while ago... i have downloaded the file that is supposed to take me from .901 to .902... what is the best practice when going about this... factory reset prior to loading .902??

Personally I didn't do a factory reset and it installed fine, but I know that others have.

gsbjackson

Reaction score

I decided to factory reset as the last step in Recovery mode... so I booted up a fresh new Bionic as if it was out of the box. Amazingly, google restored my apps automatically, I restored my app settings using MyBackup Pro. And of course contacts, calendars, music, and mail were resync'd by google as well.

I'm a happy camper... it was one of the smoothest upgrades ever.

kc69

Reaction score
signature error

I keep getting aborted by signature assert errors..md5s allways march. 12 times so far any ideas. On rooted 902 nothing frozen no addons.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score

markwebb

Reaction score
Downloaded the 22.5 M OTA file from post #38.

Thank you as well. Installed on a rooted .901 manual update and .902 file took! Running quite well and kept root. Back on the upgrade path for ICS.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Sgtplatypus

Reaction score
Im on rooted .893 and I downloaded the .902 update and tried to update from recovery but I get an error about system/app/systemui.apk any help?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

lykofos

Reaction score
Im on rooted .893 and I downloaded the .902 update and tried to update from recovery but I get an error about system/app/systemui.apk any help?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

This update file posted in this thread is for .901 --> .902 only. It will not work on .893