9 Things My Dumb-phone DOES that my Smart-Phone DON'T... and vice versa

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The phone is new, there are issues, most of the issues will get taken care of in time and every other android phone with 2.0 on it will be better for having us be test dummies :) but i'm a happy test dummy, this phone is leagues better then my lg voyager, lol. Yes certain features may have been "accidentally" left off to get the phone out quicker, and other features will just get fixed in time. Until then, i'm still going to be happy, and just try to help those who need it. The best thing i've seen about the droid so far, is that the stock apps.. if you don't like them, replace them. There is most likely an app that does what you need :)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No need to get all hostile and fanboyish. Like I said, I still love the phone. I was just speakin' my mind. Thanks to some readers that showed me how to disable the boot-up sound. (disable SD Card notifications. Also disables sound on USB connect/disconnect)

I agree. Does read slightly hostile. I apologize. No hard feelings boss.

superglen99

Reaction score
yes handcent is freakin awesome and does group texts and many other cool features! and I dont know about you people but I love that "Droooooiidddd" on boot up and as my txt message notification! its just so slick! and yeah there's pretty much an app for all your problems. I think they even have one to distinguish emails, just do some searching around the forum here and you'll find something. happy droiding!

GeekWife

Reaction score
Although I do agree that I'd like to see an 'Ignore' option for incoming calls.

Um, I have that option. Instead of swiping to the right to answer, you swipe to the left to ignore and stop the ringer. Sends the call to your vm. Used it several times already.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

Um, I have that option. Instead of swiping to the right to answer, you swipe to the left to ignore and stop the ringer. Sends the call to your vm. Used it several times already.

Where do you do this swiping? I mean, what screen?

OP
Thanassi44

Thanassi44

Reaction score

Thats not the point I was making. If you do this, you "hang up" on the other line. "Ignore" means the phone keeps ringing until voicemail picks up, you just don't hear it.

kennyg23

Reaction score
i dont want to have to start typing their name in, i want to scroll down my contact list and pick them from their. It really shouldnt be this hard to send out a group text.

I forget the website.. which might not make this much help but Android has a website somewhere that they're having people vote on what functions should be addressed in the update. Def make you voice heard. Everyone should.

They were doing it on facebook if thats what you mean

GeekWife

Reaction score

Thats not the point I was making. If you do this, you "hang up" on the other line. "Ignore" means the phone keeps ringing until voicemail picks up, you just don't hear it.

It has never hung up on the call for me... are you talking about call waiting ignore? When it's just an incoming call, swiping the red phone that even says "ignore" on it just sends the call to my vm. I haven't gotten a call on call waiting yet though.

OP
Thanassi44

Thanassi44

Reaction score

It has never hung up on the call for me... are you talking about call waiting ignore? When it's just an incoming call, swiping the red phone that even says "ignore" on it just sends the call to my vm. I haven't gotten a call on call waiting yet though.

No, not call waiting. Let me try to explain it again.

Scenario A

Jane has a droid.
Jane has an overprotective boyfriend named Peter
Peter calls Jane's Droid.
Jane doesn't want to talk to Peter, but doesn't want it to seem like she's ignoring him consciously. (which is what happens when you slide the unlock in the opposite direction. Like pressing the "END" key. Call goes directly to voicemail and Peter would know because the phone only rang twice).
Jane also needs the phone to stop ringing immediately because she's at the Library and everyone is looking at her now.
Jane can hit the volume rocker in either direction, killing two birds with one stone. The Phone keeps ringing on Peter's end, until it naturally goes to voicemail.

Scenario B

Jane is at the Opera with her handsome new boyfriend Mark, when Peter calls her phone trying to get back with her.
Jane obviously can't pick up because Mark and everyone else at the Opera will think she's rude. She hangs up on Peter but she feels bad. She wants to let him know that she'll talk to him later and give him closure, but that she's occupied at the moment.

THIS is what I mean. An immediate text reply prompt following the "END" function. The Dare had it built in.

Mojo

Reaction score
I'm sorry that feature has 0 importance to me. If I want to slience the call because I don't want to take it I would rather send them strait to voice mail. I could care less if I hurt someone's feelings because I send them to voicemail. I'm doing them a favor by not letting them listen to ringing when I am not going to answer anyways.

OP
Thanassi44

Thanassi44

Reaction score
I'm sorry that feature has 0 importance to me. If I want to slience the call because I don't want to take it I would rather send them strait to voice mail. I could care less if I hurt someone's feelings because I send them to voicemail. I'm doing them a favor by not letting them listen to ringing when I am not going to answer anyways.

Why are you sorry? Did you think you would hurt my feelings?

gotfondue

Reaction score

No, not call waiting. Let me try to explain it again.

Scenario A

Jane has a droid.
Jane has an overprotective boyfriend named Peter
Peter calls Jane's Droid.
Jane doesn't want to talk to Peter, but doesn't want it to seem like she's ignoring him consciously. (which is what happens when you slide the unlock in the opposite direction. Like pressing the "END" key. Call goes directly to voicemail and Peter would know because the phone only rang twice).
Jane also needs the phone to stop ringing immediately because she's at the Library and everyone is looking at her now.
Jane can hit the volume rocker in either direction, killing two birds with one stone. The Phone keeps ringing on Peter's end, until it naturally goes to voicemail.

Scenario B

Jane is at the Opera with her handsome new boyfriend Mark, when Peter calls her phone trying to get back with her.
Jane obviously can't pick up because Mark and everyone else at the Opera will think she's rude. She hangs up on Peter but she feels bad. She wants to let him know that she'll talk to him later and give him closure, but that she's occupied at the moment.

THIS is what I mean. An immediate text reply prompt following the "END" function. The Dare had it built in.

Let me get this straight. You are so God damn lazy you want the phone to ignore the person as well as setup a text message for you?

You sound like you would be much happier with a phone that doesn't think you are a fat moron who can't type "Sorry I am a little busy" with a full keyboard at your disposal? The world is turning into a sad and shameful place.

Last edited: