9-2-10 official update contents?

Palantirion

Reaction score
My Droid is currently running perfectly (2.2, rooted, self-installed flash, apps on SD dancedroid) and I'd prefer not to rock the boat with an update. Can anyone tell me what is contained in the most recent 9-2-10 update? And presuming I don't want it, how can I get rid of the update messages without installing the update?

IanG

Reaction score
There isn't a "9-2-10" update. Are you referring to FRG22D?

tejens

Reaction score
I'm betting it's FRG22D update. What else could it be? This latest update lets you download Flash 10.1 from the market, it's suppose to improve performance over the FRG01B, but I hardly noticed anything different. Unfortunately, you will lose root and you wont be able to boot into your custom recovery after installing this update. But, no worries, all that can be restored if you read the "Rooting the Droid 1 - regardless of OS version" thread in the Rescue Squad section of this forum.

OP
Palantirion

Palantirion

Reaction score
I used "9-2-10" as a reference to the date of the update, because I didn't know the correct reference number.

I really don't want to lose root again, as I just got the phone working perfectly again. I remember reading for previous updates that you could fool the phone into getting rid of the update reminder without performing the update, but I can't find the instructions now. Do you guys know how?

dcook12

Reaction score
Frg22d

I'm betting it's FRG22D update. What else could it be? This latest update lets you download Flash 10.1 from the market, it's suppose to improve performance over the FRG01B, but I hardly noticed anything different. Unfortunately, you will lose root and you wont be able to boot into your custom recovery after installing this update. But, no worries, all that can be restored if you read the "Rooting the Droid 1 - regardless of OS version" thread in the Rescue Squad section of this forum.

I got the FRG22D update yesterday and can't believe how much faster my phone is. I haven't had the update long enough to see if there are any problems with applications not playing well with this update..but for me (a non rooted person) it was an immediate improvement..

tejens

Reaction score

I got the FRG22D update yesterday and can't believe how much faster my phone is. I haven't had the update long enough to see if there are any problems with applications not playing well with this update..but for me (a non rooted person) it was an immediate improvement..

I was unrooted and stock for a few days after the FRG22D update. Went right back to root after the UD 8 rom release which is amazing, haven't had a single force close yet, and there is nothing smoother than this IMO. And, w/my droid overclocked to 1.1ghz, it's like skating on ice.