9-11. We'll Never Forget

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by mountainbikermark, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +7,731
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Droid Z Force
    Well said sir, well said.

And yes we very well crossed paths at times and never knew it. It's a small world we live in sometimes.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
  2. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +3,363
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Note 3
    Wow Preach2k, I can't even imagine what it must've been like to be so close to the unfolding and tragedy of that day. Bless you! And bless all of those that lost loved ones that day, those that were on the front lines, those that are no longer here.

I was at the vets with my dogs when it first happened. All of the veterinary staff were watching the footage of the plane crashing over & over and we were all wondering how. We all thought it looked too much like it was intentional and we were just astonished. Then we see the second plane hitting and we were all screaming in shock watching it. It was a very very numbing scary day.

For years I visited friends in NYC. Coming from hick towns in central New York, my NYC friends would always coach me on how to behave in NYC. The biggest was "stop saying hi to everyone!" (I always did anyway). Don't look at other people when you're on the subway. Carry your purse this way. I went to NYC two years after 9/11. The rules had completely changed. People, strangers said hi. Strangers, all of them were carrying on conversations, laughing, helping, looking at each other on the subway. It was a completely different atmosphere. And every time I've visited NYC since, it's been the same...everyone comfortable greeting or smiling to one another, and interacting with each other.

We learned what was most important in life that day and that was each other.

Never forget!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  3. Mustang02

Mustang02 Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +6,072
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P/5X
    I'll never forget. I was in Columbus working near Tuttle Crossing for an Insurance Company. Once the first plane hit, we were glued to the TV in the Lunch room. The phone lines were overloaded and the internet was at a crawl. Learned later that day my mom's air force base scrambled F-16's to intercept Flight 93. At the time nobody knew where it was going. We left work around 3pm, Columbus shut down. Gas prices skyrocketed. Skies were eerily quiet. Rickenbacker AFB was sending C5's and C130's all weekend. Humvee patrols every few minutes. It was the only aircraft flying. I don't know anyone who lost a life but my friends did. It will be a day I'll never forget. America was united as one. Now where are we?

• Like Like x 3
  4. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +7,731
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Droid Z Force
    As the title of the thread says...We Will Never Forget. God bless the men & women of the US Military, all of our first responders, and their families.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

#16 Sajo, Sep 11, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +6,235
    With all the weather pounding the Southeast it has overshadowed this day in some ways. In a way that's good.

I'm not saying forget about the lives lost and the heroes who made the ultimate sacrifice. As that day will always be etched in our minds.

But I remember trying to find a way to not be afraid again. We were afraid of Al Qaeda, the Taliban, planes, etc. I remember feeling isolated as news footage of other parts of the world was celebrating and passing out candy while we were still trying to get people from under the rubble. It was the question whether we will every be able to have some sense of normal.

But on this day it almost is a time of forward progress. Sad and concerned for the families dealing with this storm, sad in the thought that we lost lives on a horrific day, but on this day to have the news dominated by Irma and not the Taliban and Al Qaeda shows that we won and not them.

As Americans we still have some ways to go as there are a lot of things we do not see eye to eye on. But at the end of the day the American spirit continues to rise at a time when the country need it the most. When Harvey hit Americans stepped up all over to lend their fellow brother and sister a helping hand. And I don't doubt we will do the same for our brothers and sisters in the Southeast. Whether you consider yourself part of the red states or blue states we continue to remain strong and United truly representing the red, white, and blue on our flag.

God bless America,

And never forget.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

#17 pc747, Sep 11, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
Search tags for this page

best cameras

news