Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
b5f34c48537710fb98fa90b3fb2d06b9.jpg

Remembering 9/11! It was a day I will never forget! I remember coming out of the Subway after the 1st plane hit. I stood there looking and thinking wow a plane crashed into the World Trade Center. Saying what a tragic accident. Tried to call my wife to tell her to stay home because of what happened. She already left for work. Walking toward my building on Rector Street all in a sudden here comes another plane flying low as I watched it crash into the second World Trade Center. That's when I knew this was an attack. Running towards my building I noticed one of the wheels from one of the planes smoking right in front of my building. In my building with co-workers waiting to find out where to go we were the the Computer Room for NYU Medical Center. When we got the okay to go to NYU Med. Heading out the door heard grinding of metal sound like a plane engine, the 1st building came down. We ran back into our building and looking through the glass windows at the front of the building seeing an bright early sunny morning turned dark in a second. We seen a fireman that got stuck outside in the debris and pulled him in the building and closed the doors back. He had a mouth full of debris we had to clear and we pour water on him from the water cooler and gave him water to drink. When the dust cleared Police and Fireman told us to walk towards the Ferry Terminal. It felt like I was walking in snow the dust build up was so bad. Walking and seeing human remains was rough. Seeing cars and abandoned buses coming out of the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel with the engines running. Getting to Battery Park seeing a family with their child and dog around a water fountain trying to wipe off dust from the baby and pet. Then all in a sudden the 2nd building started coming down. Turned around a wall of smoke and debris heading my way. Running toward the Ferry Terminal doors I got covered in the stuff. Sitting in the terminal sitting and worried about my wife who who worked 3 blocks away from the World Trade Center. Phones are down no way to get in touch with her. Sat and prayed! When The debris cleared I decided to head towards home. Walking over over the Brooklyn Bridge I saw a lot of people in shock but one that stood out to me was this female Doctor in scrubs and a lab coat in shock and shivering in a corner on the bridge. When I got to downtown Brooklyn. I found a pay phone and called my Mother In Law to see if she had heard from Debra. Nothing yet from her she replied and I can hear 3 year old Ashley playing in the background. Walking and praying heading home covered in dust and debris getting the stares of people as I walked. I remember getting home coming into the door and one of the greatest feelings in the world was hearing Ashley running saying daddy wanting a hug. I had to tell her wait until after I take a shower. After the shower I hugged and kissed her and went downstairs to hug 7 months old Amaris. Praying and waiting to hear from Debra. Around 6 or 7PM My wife came home. I Thank God for his continued protection that day and Everday.

I pray for the survivors of the attack on September 11, 2001.
I pray for the families who have lost loved ones.
I pray for the families of friends that we lost.

I pray for the familes of the rescue workers, fireman and police on the scene that lost their lives trying to save others.

I pray for our nation --

God Bless!

#my911story; #neverforget!

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
b5f34c48537710fb98fa90b3fb2d06b9.jpg

Remembering 9/11! It was a day I will never forget! I remember coming out of the Subway after the 1st plane hit. I stood there looking and thinking wow a plane crashed into the World Trade Center. Saying what a tragic accident. Tried to call my wife to tell her to stay home because of what happened. She already left for work. Walking toward my building on Rector Street all in a sudden here comes another plane flying low as I watched it crash into the second World Trade Center. That's when I knew this was an attack. Running towards my building I noticed one of the wheels from one of the planes smoking right in front of my building. In my building with co-workers waiting to find out where to go we were the the Computer Room for NYU Medical Center. When we got the okay to go to NYU Med. Heading out the door heard grinding of metal sound like a plane engine, the 1st building came down. We ran back into our building and looking through the glass windows at the front of the building seeing an bright early sunny morning turned dark in a second. We seen a fireman that got stuck outside in the debris and pulled him in the building and closed the doors back. He had a mouth full of debris we had to clear and we pour water on him from the water cooler and gave him water to drink. When the dust cleared Police and Fireman told us to walk towards the Ferry Terminal. It felt like I was walking in snow the dust build up was so bad. Walking and seeing human remains was rough. Seeing cars and abandoned buses coming out of the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel with the engines running. Getting to Battery Park seeing a family with their child and dog around a water fountain trying to wipe off dust from the baby and pet. Then all in a sudden the 2nd building started coming down. Turned around a wall of smoke and debris heading my way. Running toward the Ferry Terminal doors I got covered in the stuff. Sitting in the terminal sitting and worried about my wife who who worked 3 blocks away from the World Trade Center. Phones are down no way to get in touch with her. Sat and prayed! When The debris cleared I decided to head towards home. Walking over over the Brooklyn Bridge I saw a lot of people in shock but one that stood out to me was this female Doctor in scrubs and a lab coat in shock and shivering in a corner on the bridge. When I got to downtown Brooklyn. I found a pay phone and called my Mother In Law to see if she had heard from Debra. Nothing yet from her she replied and I can hear 3 year old Ashley playing in the background. Walking and praying heading home covered in dust and debris getting the stares of people as I walked. I remember getting home coming into the door and one of the greatest feelings in the world was hearing Ashley running saying daddy wanting a hug. I had to tell her wait until after I take a shower. After the shower I hugged and kissed her and went downstairs to hug 7 months old Amaris. Praying and waiting to hear from Debra. Around 6 or 7PM My wife came home. I Thank God for his continued protection that day and Everday.

I pray for the survivors of the attack on September 11, 2001.
I pray for the families who have lost loved ones.
I pray for the families of friends that we lost.

I pray for the familes of the rescue workers, fireman and police on the scene that lost their lives trying to save others.

I pray for our nation --

God Bless!

#my911story; #neverforget!

I didn't know anything was going on at all until after lunch a co-worker said he'd heard on the radio about flight 93 but it was talked about like just another plane crash. I knew nothing about New York or DC until after 4 that afternoon. I just figured not being able to talk to my wife at lunch on my cellphone was just Verizon typical network congestion on top of the usual craptacular reception.
2 are gathered so He is here. Thank you for sharing your experience and for the prayers.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
We must never forget, and we must continue to pray. Amazing story Preach, so glad your family was spared, here in San Diego we listened to the horror on the job site radio, had a full site prayer and sent everyone home. Everyone came together then, we need that now more than ever now.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My grandmother was suppose to be on a flight that day but overslept.

I remember feeling protected being at ft Campbell seeing Blackhawks patrolling the sky.

Thanks to those that kept us safe whether they wore green or blue. This is the day I hope we can put protests aside and take the time to thank our men and women in uniform.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My grandmother was suppose to be on a flight that day but overslept.

I remember feeling protected being at ft Campbell seeing Blackhawks patrolling the sky.

Thanks to those that kept us safe whether they wore green or blue. This is the day I hope we can put protests aside and take the time to thank our men and women in uniform.

I saw something on the history channel last night where the first pilots of f16s went up with no weapons onboard but were unofficially ordered to ram 93 if need be to stop its attack (stop it at all costs). One pilot had even planned on where she'd ram it but never had to because of the bravery of those onboard it. They had no idea why they were up there but were willing to die to protect our country and these were reservists at that. The show showed ordinary citizens jumping in to help, Marines showing up ( without being ordered to) and searching where no-one else would dare tread to look for survivors, one even hiding from the spotlight for years and didn't even tell his family that he'd saved 2 trapped. Boat and ferry captains turning around before being told to so those trapped on the island could safely leave. Thousands of policemen and firemen that wouldn't leave , going for days without sleep though given permission to get some rest. Folks with 0 medical experience making stretchers out of plywood and 2x4s. Red Cross offices so overwhelmed with donors that anyone who could carry a clipboard was put into action doing administrative duty to free up nurses to draw blood.
That's the 911 I'll never forget and it was great to be reminded of the details of Americans putting everything else aside for something bigger than themselves.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I was fresh out of the Navy and I was working as an overnight DJ for a big radio station in Billings MT..cat country. Working overnights and having the crappy apartment I had (no ac) meant that I would get off at 5 am and rush home to cool off my apartment however I could , so I could get to sleep and be up at noon for my remote broadcasts for that day(they paid 100$ per hour to the DJ alone..)

That day my cellphone rang off the wall turned it off when i headed to the radio station I couldn't hear the jet engines at the airport taking off or landing...so I knew something was weird..not to the extent that it was though ...I hit the radio station and ask to be told by the news guy what happened raw footage and the news that all aviation was grounded including a health help flight containing a little kid needing his transplant..they had a doner, kid was loaded and then grounded..
Potus let that chopper fly..the kid got his transplant..

Everything tried to remain the same..all anyone wanted to know was details on 757's and stuff like that..I remember seeing the footage.. people jumping and just laying out in the air...waiting to accept their fate..no flailing..or kicking..haunting site..

Conspiracy theories seem to have a lot of info that looks bad for 9-11 ..out of respect for the fallen..I won't get into that ...but I'll say looking at our government..man..we live in a time where our forefathers would be really digging..that's all I'll say..

RIP to those who died, I hope for all those who developed cancer and other illnesses dealing with the fall out..a quick and painless recovery..and to those who were left with a huge hole filled with anger ,pain and fear...one day you'll be whole ..until then..look around.. we're all brothers and sisters ...if all seems lost..take our hands..

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I was Active Duty Army at the time, in an advanced school environment. We were scheduled for our final exam that morning, and graduation a few days later. I knew I was headed back to Ft Campbell (and the Blackhawks that pc747 mentioned). I remember feeling numb, shock, anger, disbelief, etc, as I'm sure we all did. In the hours and days that followed I never felt more proud to be an American as our Country really came together. Our graduation was bumped up a few days so we could all get back to our Units as we knew that this would not go unpunished, and many of us would probably be deploying somewhere overseas soon.

May we never forget the brave men & women first responders that risked and lost their lives that day; all the victims of that day; and the brave men & women that served (and still serve) to keep our Country free and safe.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I had a friend that lost her life that day. She was on the floor one of the planes hit. My wife used to work for Cantor Fitch Gerald until she took a perminant job at another company a month earlier. She would of been on one of the floors with our friend if she stayed. I Thank God for her new job at the time and protection.

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I was Active Duty Army at the time, in an advanced school environment. We were scheduled for our final exam that morning, and graduation a few days later. I knew I was headed back to Ft Campbell (and the Blackhawks that pc747 mentioned). I remember feeling numb, shock, anger, disbelief, etc, as I'm sure we all did. In the hours and days that followed I never felt more proud to be an American as our Country really came together. Our graduation was bumped up a few days so we could all get back to our Units as we knew that this would not go unpunished, and many of us would probably be deploying somewhere overseas soon.

May we never forget the brave men & women first responders that risked and lost their lives that day; all the victims of that day; and the brave men & women that served (and still serve) to keep our Country free and safe.

Clarksville being my hometown and where my parents call home, we could have crossed paths and not known.

I hear the stories and know of my own stories.

Look this country is not perfect, there have been areas in this country's history that started from the fabric of it's creation in where there are events that if we admit the truth we are not proud of. We disagree on many things from politics, religion, and ideals.

But that is what makes this nation great. That we are like family. We may argue amongst each other but no one better come to this country looking to make trouble. On that day we set aside our differences and came together to take care of our own.

Black, white, Latino, Christian, Jew, Muslim, atheist, young, old all came together. For that period the only thing that we saw were red, white, and blue and yellow ribbons everywhere. Prayer to your Deity or moments of silence were met with respect vs hostility. In our country's darkest hour this country's citizens shined brightest.

I remember the speech Bush made. No matter how you may feel or have felt about him as a person or President, his speech captured the American spirit at the time.

The American spirit that rose through tragedy showed them that they could not break us. The only way this country can be broken was from within. Through our fears and tears we survived. And here we are 15 years later strong.

Thank you for those who served and protected us during our darkest hour.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I had a friend that lost her life that day. She was on the floor one of the planes hit. My wife used to work for Cantor Fitch Gerald until she took a perminant job at another company a month earlier. She would of been on one of the floors with our friend if she stayed. I Thank God for her new job at the time and protection.

Sorry for your loss. My wife grew up in NY and lost a few friends that day, workers in the building and NYPD officers. May they rest in peace.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Clarksville being my hometown and where my parents call home, we could have crossed paths and not known.

I hear the stories and know of my own stories.

Look this country is not perfect, there have been areas in this country's history that started from the fabric of it's creation in where there are events that if we admit the truth we are not proud of. We disagree on many things from politics, religion, and ideals.

But that is what makes this nation great. That we are like family. We may argue amongst each other but no one better come to this country looking to make trouble. On that day we set aside our differences and came together to take care of our own.

Black, white, Latino, Christian, Jew, Muslim, atheist, young, old all came together. For that period the only thing that we saw were red, white, and blue and yellow ribbons everywhere. Prayer to your Deity or moments of silence were met with respect vs hostility. In our country's darkest hour this country's citizens shined brightest.

I remember the speech Bush made. No matter how you may feel or have felt about him as a person or President, his speech captured the American spirit at the time.

The American spirit that rose through tragedy showed them that they could not break us. The only way this country can be broken was from within. Through our fears and tears we survived. And here we are 15 years later strong.

Thank you for those who served and protected us during our darkest hour.

Well said sir, well said.

And yes we very well crossed paths at times and never knew it. It's a small world we live in sometimes.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Wow Preach2k, I can't even imagine what it must've been like to be so close to the unfolding and tragedy of that day. Bless you! And bless all of those that lost loved ones that day, those that were on the front lines, those that are no longer here.

I was at the vets with my dogs when it first happened. All of the veterinary staff were watching the footage of the plane crashing over & over and we were all wondering how. We all thought it looked too much like it was intentional and we were just astonished. Then we see the second plane hitting and we were all screaming in shock watching it. It was a very very numbing scary day.

For years I visited friends in NYC. Coming from hick towns in central New York, my NYC friends would always coach me on how to behave in NYC. The biggest was "stop saying hi to everyone!" (I always did anyway). Don't look at other people when you're on the subway. Carry your purse this way. I went to NYC two years after 9/11. The rules had completely changed. People, strangers said hi. Strangers, all of them were carrying on conversations, laughing, helping, looking at each other on the subway. It was a completely different atmosphere. And every time I've visited NYC since, it's been the same...everyone comfortable greeting or smiling to one another, and interacting with each other.

We learned what was most important in life that day and that was each other.

Never forget!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'll never forget. I was in Columbus working near Tuttle Crossing for an Insurance Company. Once the first plane hit, we were glued to the TV in the Lunch room. The phone lines were overloaded and the internet was at a crawl. Learned later that day my mom's air force base scrambled F-16's to intercept Flight 93. At the time nobody knew where it was going. We left work around 3pm, Columbus shut down. Gas prices skyrocketed. Skies were eerily quiet. Rickenbacker AFB was sending C5's and C130's all weekend. Humvee patrols every few minutes. It was the only aircraft flying. I don't know anyone who lost a life but my friends did. It will be a day I'll never forget. America was united as one. Now where are we?