Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I was working for Boeing while about 100,000 people were getting down-sized. About a month later I got my notice.

That sucks, I remember that being on the news, the layoffs. One of the speakers, which is in the videos I posted of the dedication of a piece of the world trade center (A metal beam) in our town, was a a state rep. who's brother in law who lives in my town is a pilot for American Airlines. His plane took off 2 planes ahead of one of the planes that hit the tower.

Wraith

Reaction score
The closest I got to personally knowing anyone involved in NY was my father in laws cousin who saw the planes fly over. It remains the single greatest cause I have donated money to so far.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
I was on duty when people started calling asking if we had seen the news yet. I walked into the TV room 30 seconds after the second plane hit. We left on a call a short while later for a guy having a heart attack. When the ambulance arrived they told us they just heard the first tower had collapsed. For the first time ever while working as a firefighter I felt scared. We watched the rest of the day as it unfolded. I got home that next morning and packed my bags to head out on a bus for New York with many other firefighters from around Indianapolis. When the call came they said they had enough help. I was relieved and disheartened at the same time. I felt I needed to be there helping finish what my brothers of the FDNY started. As it was we were more help here at home. Of course my flag went up as soon as I got home. FTM-PTB-DTRT NEVER FORGET!