8gb internal memory what about older phones with 16gb SD cards

RacecarBMW

Reaction score
With a lot of new phones coming out with 8gb of internal memory and more I was wondering if google would find a solution to allow us to put our applications on our SD cards.

Does anyone know what is going on?

I have a good solution that they can use to prevent piracy of the apps (my solution is actually what Sony does with there playstation game systems)

Basiclly there is 1 account which can be used on up to 5 systems/phones.

In order for an app to function it has to be tied to the account that owns the app.

Each phone can only be tied to one account at a time.

google should actually take a look at this because it can help a lot of people.

Banyon

Reaction score
already done for those of us rooted. I have yet to upgrade to the new UD 10, but from my understanding that is what apps2SD is for.

Banyon

Reaction score
Then you aren't installing your apps to a SD card yet either. Lol

Seriously though, I was a bit iffy to root as well. Once I did a little research and seen how much its gotten easier, and I found the proper tools/guides to bring my phone back to show room condition after anything short of smashing it with a hammer, I took the chance. Bout 2 hours later and 1 very minor issue (got boot loop on first try at custom rom because of my own stupidity), I was rooted, with custom rom, custom theme, and over all... a much more pleasing phone to use.

I still keep a Usb drive with the flashing tools, offical verizon 2.0.1 sbf files, nandroid backups, ect, just in case (I call it my "oh sh!t" drive), but there is pretty much no chance of me losing my phone.

To each his own, still a nice phone stock, I just much prefer rooted.

Banyon

Reaction score
Btw, your theory on piracy, that's bacisly already how it works. Honestly security is a joke because its very easy to make a program "untied" from the google account. Just a matter of knowing how.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
google should actually take a look at this because it can help a lot of people.
They already are. I'm fairly certain that there are existing threads that mention that Google is working on this. In the mean time, you can root and do this now, as mentioned above.

Further, developers can currently store space hogging resources on the SD card. Only the app binaries themselves (which are very small) really need to be in phone memory.