trulunacy

Reaction score
So I updated from 886 to the 894 update. Thought I had forever root and apparently I didn't. Is there any way to revert back to stock so that I can install forever root? On another note, I've been having network problems since the update. I thought any network problems were corrected in the update.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

thejacked1

Reaction score
The connection problems are across the board on all vzw lte phones. Updates help, but don't fix. I thought 894 was a d3 update ..could be wrong tho. Use the for3v3r root deal to get you back to stock and start over.

kamisan

Reaction score
the bootloader is locked the kernel and radio cannot go back. your base system can and there is one standalone radio out there. many of us used the leaked ota's I am on 5.7.893 so I cannot install. 894 until a way around its requirement of having 886. the for3v3r method only affects the non bootloader part of the system. and on 886. 5.5.893 and 5.7.893 the data still drops and it still gets stuck between 3g n 4g on many phones. not all some people are 100%
stock w no issues. I wish I was one of them
Sent from my bionic using DroidForums

OP
trulunacy

trulunacy

Reaction score
I rolled back the radio to stock using the update.zip method in stock recovery. Data seems to be working just fine. Will update around lunch time and after work.

OP
trulunacy

trulunacy

Reaction score
Well, it's 12:40 and so far no service loss. Guess the radio update worked.

Sent from my DROOOIIIID

quizzard

Reaction score
Did you go to the 5.7.894 or the 5.8.894?

The former is said to fix security flaws and remove root, while the latter is believed to be the soak test.

OP
trulunacy

trulunacy

Reaction score