893 update

rasaun87

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that the update helped with data connection?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the general consensus is that it doesn't completely fix it, and there are still issues, but a lot of people would say it definitely helps with consistency.

OP
rasaun87

rasaun87

Reaction score
I think the general consensus is that it doesn't completely fix it, and there are still issues, but a lot of people would say it definitely helps with consistency.

oh ok, i was going to do the cheesecake/forever root thing but if it doesnt do anything then guess ill wait till its included in an updated rom. :)

Dougw133

Reaction score
I uprooted my phone when I thought I was going to exchange it. Its still uprooted but I don't get the ota ...any ideas?

Cheeech

Reaction score
I uprooted my phone when I thought I was going to exchange it. Its still uprooted but I don't get the ota ...any ideas?

The ota is not out yet.

thejacked1

Reaction score
I did it all last Fri night and it has helped 90%. Work was my biggest problem w/ data loss and I haven't been in since the update but everywhere else its been good. Usually only drops off 1-2x a day now and toggling ap mode has brought it right back every time...that almost never worked before. I was gonna do the 5.6.893 update which would I guess help it even more, but I can live with this just fine til the final build comes out.

Dougw133

Reaction score
Ok thanks guys...

wil20mva

Reaction score
I have to agree withe thejacked1. Switch over from wifi to 3/4g is also much improved.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Dougw133

Reaction score
So where are u guys getting the update from?

thejacked1

Reaction score
Don't remember, somewhere on the web...wasn't cheesecake. Its like a 55mb download

wseyller

Reaction score
Ive been on 5.5.893 and 5.6.893 and its nothing special. Not much improvement. Not even going to bother with 5.7.893

OP
rasaun87

rasaun87

Reaction score
Ive been on 5.5.893 and 5.6.893 and its nothing special. Not much improvement. Not even going to bother with 5.7.893

see thats what i wanted to know, thanx brethren. yup no point in going thru all that extra stuff then... i just want a better radio thats it. im good on everything tho.

BlacknTan

Reaction score
I am on 5.6.893 and it is a huge improvement. Data is solid and battery life is MUCH better.

wseyller

Reaction score
I wonder if it also depends where a person located. I also at first thought the upgrade was great but after using it longer i realized it wasnt much improvement.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
has the update been pulled for anybody? it's telling me I'm up to date every time I try and do it now, from .886.