*86 voicemail password on verizon

frisbear

Reaction score
I had someone program my voicemail password into my speed dial so it just automatically goes to my messages when I hit voicemail. With a recent update....that was erased. Can someone tell me how to do this again?

_skibum

Reaction score
Start the phone app. Hit the menu button, then settings. Under "other call settings", hit voicemail, then press setup.

Change it to read *86,,PINN#,,1 (replace "PINN" with your 4 digit code, be sure to leave the #)

This will auto dial voicemail, enter your pin, then play new messages automatically.

1buda

Reaction score
Start the phone app. Hit the menu button, then settings. Under "other call settings", hit voicemail, then press setup.

Change it to read *86,,PINN#,,1 (replace "PINN" with your 4 digit code, be sure to leave the #)

This will auto dial voicemail, enter your pin, then play new messages automatically.

Does apply to the Razr M?

_skibum

Reaction score
It should. I have used the same sequence through my last 5 phones. I just find the VM setting and and put it in.

Try it, and let us know. I've never owned an M.

1buda

Reaction score
It should. I have used the same sequence through my last 5 phones. I just find the VM setting and and put it in.

Try it, and let us know. I've never owned an M.

After a few tries I got it to work. Thanks for the tip...

brobox

Reaction score
Go to vm in your contacts, press edit, change *86,,XXXX,,1
Thanks, I never thought to look in contacts. I tried that but got the message 'not editable from this app.

razorwes

Reaction score
Not Available

Follow your instruction when I open up the VM contact & edit the *86 field a treditional numerical keypad appears. With that keypad there is no way to enter a comma, WTH...

Right now I'm trying to get my drivers to upload onto my Windows pc... not all the drivers will load. Any suggestions, thank you in advance.

RW:disappointed:

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
Go to your dialer, hit the menu button then settings, voicemail, setup, voicemail number. This will bring up the *86. Add ,,XXXX where XXXX = password. If you have to hit 1 normally to go to your voicemails you will have to add the ,1. So it should look like one of the following:

*86,,XXXX

Or

*86,,XXXX,1

The comma can be found under the "*#(" button. I use this on my phone and it works perfectly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

tlindgre

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4 - Verizon
I had someone program my voicemail password into my speed dial so it just automatically goes to my messages when I hit voicemail. With a recent update....that was erased. Can someone tell me how to do this again?
---
Samsung S4 One Touch VMX Setup … by Terry Lindgren with the help of the Verizon Tech Spt person ...

1. Add a contact named VMX (or whatever name you like). Set the contact to dial: *86,nnnn# where *86 dials Verizon VMX, comma says pause, nnnn is any password, # says to execute the call. You can press the + sign next to the name to change the picture on the icon for the new menu item/screen button if you like.

2. Clear a spot on the home screen so you can add a new icon

3. Press the menu button on home screen (bottom left) to expose “Widgets”. Select Widgets. Page to the Contacts widget. Select Contacts, then press and hold Direct Dial Contact and slide it to the home screen. Once placed it will bring up the contacts directory. Search for and select your new VMX contact. Done

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
---
Samsung S4 One Touch VMX Setup … by Terry Lindgren with the help of the Verizon Tech Spt person ...

1. Add a contact named VMX (or whatever name you like). Set the contact to dial: *86,nnnn# where *86 dials Verizon VMX, comma says pause, nnnn is any password, # says to execute the call. You can press the + sign next to the name to change the picture on the icon for the new menu item/screen button if you like.

2. Clear a spot on the home screen so you can add a new icon

3. Press the menu button on home screen (bottom left) to expose “Widgets”. Select Widgets. Page to the Contacts widget. Select Contacts, then press and hold Direct Dial Contact and slide it to the home screen. Once placed it will bring up the contacts directory. Search for and select your new VMX contact. Done
Very nice instructional post. Thanks.