802.11 n on Droid Incredible

lwl209

Reaction score
So I just realized that the Incredible only has 802.11 b/g (tops out at 54 Mbps).

Is there any possibility that the Incredible could be hacked to give it 802.11 n access, or is it a hardware limitation that cannot be overcome?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Negative. It's a hardware thing.

dwagner88

Reaction score
I've never understood the need. What could you possibly be doing on your phone that would require more than 54 mbps? No phone is capable of downloading data at speeds greater than that anyway.

texasPI

Reaction score
I've never understood the need. What could you possibly be doing on your phone that would require more than 54 mbps? No phone is capable of downloading data at speeds greater than that anyway.

Well, for me my entire network is wireless N but I have to have my router set to mixed mode because of my Droid slowing things down.

SeattleUser

Reaction score
It slows everything

If your router sees a non N device then none of the other device will get N.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score

Probably just something you got to get used to if you are using your phone on your wireless network at home. Unfortunately the Incredible wont be able to run Wireless N even with it rooted.

BzB

Reaction score
sweet. so much for being retired early right. ha! this phone just keeps getting better. :cool:

pmas

Reaction score

Not true. Set it mixed and it will run n devices at n speeds. I have several devices on my network along with two N devices (MacBook Pro and Droid Incredible) and they are confirmed running N.

to the OP..your Incredible is capable of N. You must root the Incredible and then follow the steps detailed in the "hacks" section of the forums.