800 MHz kernel for Froyo

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Larry_ThaGr81, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anybody think we will see a ulv 800MHz kernel that has both a 550MHz and 600MHz slot. My reason for asking is because I not to big of a fan for overclocking, however the chips are rated for 600MHz and it would be cool to run the phone at it's rated speed.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  2. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Already around my friend. Go here and look towards the bottom of the p[age at the Froyo kernels. There is a couple of options for kernels matching what you are after. FYI tho the stock Froyo kernel has those slots but seeing as SS has a modified kernel that is why you are not seeing it. Anywhoo here is the link, good luck and enjoy

P3Droid Kernels

3. Larry_ThaGr81

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm aware that the slots do exist for other kernels, but I'm looking for a ulv kernel with the slots.

4. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Have you looked at my latest kernel list? ;)

I have produced an 800Mhz kernel with both slots - I guess I was reading your mind!

5. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Member

Ratings:
    +0

my bad didn't realize you wanted ultra low voltage. However from what I'm told there is not very much of a difference between low and ultra low voltage. And if you use setCPU and profiles you'll get just as good of battery life out of low votlage as you will with ultra low.

Quick example I'm using the stock Froyo frf57 800Mhz kernel that is standard voltage as I got one of my Droid flashed with the actual SBF file and not any custom ROM. With that said and with light data usage past couple of days but massive amounts of txt msgs, gtalk and a long calls I'm getting over 30hrs on a charge. Just looked at it now as I had to charge last night and pulled if off the charger this am. Sitting atm at 8hrs since being unplugged and it only dropped 10% so far.

6. Larry_ThaGr81

Ratings:
    +0
    Chevy you are the man, thank you.

7. Abadus

Abadus Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I am always curious about the people that run 30 hours on a charge.

What is your phone setup like? # of widgets email acounts and screens? Are you only using lowest brightness setting?

I get like 5 hours of use out of my phone. Meaning Web browsing or what not. It will go quite a while on standby but I don't usually let me phone sit idle that long.