.8 Ran Customizer, choose a different home screen - no home now

iced98lx

Reaction score
So, As dumb as this seems, I re-rant he customizer to pick some different options.. including switching home screens. I rebooted when it asked and was greeted by a regular lock screen. I unlocked it, and there was... nothing. various apps can be lauched (my IM program launches automatically, i can get tot the browser by using voice search, etc) but I can't get to settings, or get the damn thing to reboot into bootstrap recover to reflash it as I don't believe I reinstalled bootstrap recovery yet after flashing the upgrade to .8 from 2.3.2..

RSD lite isn't seeing it.. i'm at a loss. Suggestions welcome!

tnygigles66

Reaction score
or you can use voice search to find and install a home launcher replacement, then run the customizer to re-install the launcher you want.

OP
I

iced98lx

Reaction score
Make sure you have the latest and correct drivers. Look for Motorola driver helper.
Download Motorola Drivers and Updates - Quickly & Easily. Just Download Now!

RSDlite should pick it up after you update to the latest drivers.

Have the latest drivers but thanks.

or you can use voice search to find and install a home launcher replacement, then run the customizer to re-install the launcher you want.

been working on this but I can't get voice search to launch anything but a browser, guess I can find a .apk on the browser and download it.

tnygigles66

Reaction score
since the market is on the web now you can search for say golauncher android market and it should take you to the app in the market.

OP
I

iced98lx

Reaction score
yea got to the market can launch liberty toolbox but wish I could launch the customizer will just install a free launcher and then be on my way I guess.

OP
I

iced98lx

Reaction score
well got the launcher installed, ran through the customizer hopefully it works and I can uninstall the other launcher. will report back shortly.

OP
I

iced98lx

Reaction score
Also put my big boy pants on and bootstrapped before I rebooted after applyign the customization. Dumb for not doing so before.

OP
I

iced98lx

Reaction score
Aand it's all fixed up.. Thanks for the help!!