[8-1-10] SS 4.6 - MASSIVE Changes - Customize Statusbar - CPU Temps Back!

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Aug 1, 2010.

1. gavron

gavron Guest

Ratings:
    +0

Even worse.

0. bkapps -c and nandroid backup
    1. Wiped all partitions.
    2. Installed SS4.6
    3. rstapps -c and let it sit for a bit to sync with google
    4. bypassed droid setup
    5. sysrw
    6. UNABLE TO INSTALL said APK. It says the file system is full. (busybox df -h shows no LESS than 10% available on system, and 30% on data).

On a fresh install this puppy was not happy.

Back to 4.5.

E

2. dakoop

dakoop Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is there a way to not have chevy emblems plastered all over the notification pulldown and other places in the rom or is that built in. Great rom, just not a fan of the emblems

3. bpassino

bpassino Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just wanted to echo that i got my wireless tether to work by uninstalling the one Chevy linked to and installing the one from the market.

That means, so far as I can tell, I have NO issues with it. I have not been this happy with a ROM since SS 2.2! Great job Chevy! Thank you.

4. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

Ratings:
    +20
    *sigh*... I thought at first the audio streaming problem (Sirius) was resolved, but it is not... yes I know this is Google's problem, just sad to see that even in this new source they still haven't fixed it.

(Unless Sirius is the one that needs to fix it...)

5. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Wait... does the "toggle stagefright" option fix it?

When I do this, it doesn't explicitly say whether it is ENABLING or DISABLING... it just says "toggling".

Will test some more and report back.

I know that the disabling of this has been reported to fix other streaming issues.

6. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Yes, that SHOULD fix it - that was a late addition - 4.7 will actually tell you it is doing something ;)

7. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Does that edit the build.prop to toggle status between true/false? I just read this in the the xda forum that people were just editing that line themselves.

I'm going to go to the gym and try running Sirius the whole time. I'll know for sure then... it wouldn't ever go more than a few minutes without looping/skipping before.

8. jbrock98

jbrock98 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    everything seemed fine after the first hour of flashin the SS blue rom/theme but 2day its really really laggy, i didn't wipe coming from sapphire 0.8.4 as suggested, i had the classic chevy blue rom then went to stock and they both got very laggy i now have the blackglass over it, i started running ADW launcher instead of stock launcher but the redraws have been the worse i've ever have period on froyo, i've never had this happen w/ Chevy's rom usually one of the top roms i run but it did get laggy and boggled down opening and closing apps on all 3 versions i flashed(stock, SS Blue, stock w/ Black Glass) i might try wiping and re-flashin, STILL LOVE REPPIN CHEVY

9. Aegon

Aegon Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have nothing running in the background and set the governor to performance in set CPU

10. mkw87

mkw87 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This ROM is very fast and smooth, so far the only thing I've had trouble with is updating apps in the market. If I hit update all, maybe one of them will install while the others hang on downloading or installing. If I try to install 1 by 1, it will randomly cause the droid to reboot. Same thing happened to me in 4.5, 4.4, JRummy, CM6 RC1, etc. Not sure what the issue is. I am using Apps2SD, but not extensively, and it happens to both apps on the internal storage and apps on the SD card. I have over 80mb free on internal storage. When the apps download but fail to install, I find the download#.apk's in my downloads folder. Any ideas?

edit: and yes, I have cleared market cache and data. Sometimes that allows the apps to install, other times it doesnt.

edit2: also the gallery doesn't remove thumbnails from it when pictures are moved to different folders. I've had this in all Froyo ROMs as well....

#178 mkw87, Aug 2, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  11. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Excellent rom indeed Chevy. Nice work. I've finally been able to run smoothly with 2.2, since I've been running SS 3.3 since it's came out. One question I have is, when I open the advanced task killer, there's always apps that keep re-appearing even after I kill them. That never use to happen...not sure what the reason could be.

Is there any way to find out what your phone can handle kernel wise, like run some kinda test to see what the range of frequencies is of ultra low voltage, low, and medium?? You just have to flash each one individually to find out right?

By the way Chevy, I gotta say thanks again for those Tools that you included, and the new icons in the status bar look amazing. Superb

EDIT: Man this is so annoying... all these apps just keep re-opening after I kill them in advanced task killer.
    The market, Yahoo Mail app, battery left, battery graph, phone tools, startup cleaner 2.0, net counter, juice plotter, etc... Anybody know how to kill these permanently??....EDIT: After running MinFreeManager and setting it to Aggressive, only like 2 apps keep re opening.

Oh yea, does anyone know how to get back the ".com" button on the on-screen keyboard when entering a website into the browser??

#179 meishkov, Aug 2, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  12. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Okay, here's what I found... your toggle does work, however, it resets after a reboot and it has to be done again.

The permanent solution (for now) is to edit this line in /system/build.prop:

media.stagefright.enable-player=true

Change true to false, save, reboot.

Some have reported side effects here:
    [FIX] Fix poor AAC streaming performance (Pandora, Slacker, etc) on Froyo - xda-developers

They apparently include problems with m.youtube.com, slightly lower Quadrant scores, and one user reported video wouldn't record in 720p mode on some new phone (forget which). On my Droid there was no issue using the highest setting for video.

Search tags for this page
com.pandora.android-1.asec
com.pandora.android-1.asec what?
difference between .apk and .asec
facebook.com katana
fallo pkg: /mnt/asec/com.facebook.katana-1/pkg.apk failure [
graham search com.pandora.android-1.asec

info.lamatricexiste.network-1.asec

install failed insufficient storage sudoku.apk
samsung galaxy s3 photo gallery not updating
stewart1champ sleep