720p capability?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by gunz.jones, May 22, 2011.

1. gunz.jones

gunz.jones Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There was a hack made for 720p on the milestone 2 and it is readily available on dx for recording, they both use the 3630 cpu. Read it wasn't possible on normal d2 because of the lower end cpu from that device. Has anyone looked into it for the d2g?

Sent from a D2G Dark Angel
  2. Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4 Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    The D2G cpu is the same CPU just modified slightly. Plus the DX had an 8 megapixel camera where the D2(G) has only a 5MP. Not sure if they share the same GPU but I am assuming so. Is it possible? I cant say for sure, but as far as I know it hasnt been attempted but I might be wrong.
  3. gunz.jones

gunz.jones Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Read up on it in xda, but the last post was in december or so. No one went beyond saying it may be impossible other than through digtized upscaling with the 5mp cam. Haven't had a chance to look further yet. Busy metamorphing angel rom....will post back if i get anything useful out of further research.

Sent from a D2G Dark Angel
  4. biknut1

biknut1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Camera hack

I think I recently read on this forum that someone had a workaround for this. I don't recall what it said to do, but seems like it had something to do with using some Milestone stuff to get there. Might try a search on here- the only reason I remember is because I thought about trying it but decided against it.
  5. keolawills

keolawills Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've tried this hack many different ways on my d2g. It consists of changing the build.prop. one person, I forget who, said he got it to work then went mia. I once got to record 720p and playback, but still pictures were corrupted. Most times still pics get corrupted and camera app fc's when switching to camcorder. Nonetheless I've given up on it.

my ANGEL blacked out
Search tags for this page

720p hd droid 2 global hack