7 (non-phone) android devices

OP
huskur

huskur

Reaction score
Hopefully android really flies. As the droid is my first smartphone and first look at android......absolutely love it

dwagner88

Reaction score
While I love android, if I had both it and windows on a laptop, I would probably never boot to android. Nowhere near as useful on a device like a notebook as windows is. I don't really understand Android PMP's either, as one of Android's weakest points is multimedia. New 2.1 gallery is a great step in the right direction though.

sc4fpse

Reaction score
While I love android, if I had both it and windows on a laptop, I would probably never boot to android. Nowhere near as useful on a device like a notebook as windows is. I don't really understand Android PMP's either, as one of Android's weakest points is multimedia. New 2.1 gallery is a great step in the right direction though.

I kind of have to agree with you here. I don't think we'll see an operating system other than some variation of Windows, an Apple OS, or Linux on a successful netbook. Android, or any other mobile OS, such as the iPhone OS, just aren't nearly as useful and productive. They're great for small devices (note: I wouldn't consider tablets to be "small devices" -- those really do need a full-fledged OS on them instead of a mobile OS, in my opinion) like phones, but when you've got the screen real estate to run normal applications like those you'd find in Windows and Mac OS, if you don't have the ability to run standard executable files (or similar files, depending on OS), your options are severely limited with the device. The applications you can run then are more likely to be better-suited for smaller handheld devices, and aren't taking advantage of the device you're running.

IMO, operating systems like Android and the iPhone OS should not be on anything bigger than a cell phone or a PDA. Tablets should have a full, non-mobile operating system. A netbook with a mobile OS is a joke. Android or otherwise, it's limiting productivity, as far as I'm concerned.

My $0.02. :icon_ banana: