7 days out of warranty and I have a brick and never rooted.

Reaction score
My Droid X is fried, and I never rooted. Running stock OTA GB. Phone wouldnt boot the other day, just getting stuck on red moto screen. I went into recovery and "rebooted" from there. Seemed to work , except menu and search buttons didnt work.

Today, phone wouldnt boot again, but could not get into recovery. SBF'd, and still wont boot. Just hangs on moto splash screen. Cant get into recovery.

Of course, I dont have insurance, and my warranty expired on 8/30. SO SICK!!!

Dustin0308

Reaction score
After u sbf'd did u do a factory reset in stock recovery? See if that helps ya..maybe the sbf didn't take also...can try it again

Edit..just saw u can't get into recovery...what are u pressing to get into recovery?

Here's another link with a similar problem...try another sbf file and sbf again...maybe it was a botched download or the sbf didn't take correctly..may u ask what u used to sbf?
http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/general-android-discussions/7190-sbf-issue-droid-x-wont-boot-into-stock-recovery-wont-sbf-rsd-4-8-a.html
Sent from my SHIFTAO5P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
M
Reaction score
I tried SBF three different times. Went through my battery, luckily I still have a spare. No matter what, I cannot get into recovery to do anything.

I know the SBF took, because the splash screen logo switch to white, which was the Froyo splash screen.

Ive been trying to fix this phone for hours, and scouring over forums. It is a brick.

Dustin0308

Reaction score
What did u use to sbf? Rsd lite?

Dustin0308

Reaction score
Last edited:

Dustin0308

Reaction score
Ok..so u are pulling the battery..putting it back in..holding home key..then holding power key too until the triangle with the exclamation point comes up (this should come up)? If it just boots to the m logo and u do press and HOLD both keys in that order then try the sbf link I sent ya

Just checking to be absolutely sure lol

OP
M
Reaction score
Yea, I've tried it at least 59 times tonight. Wont go into recovery.

Which one should I try, Froyo or GB? History on my phone: I had Froyo rooted, and did an OTA to GB .596, and then did the OTA update as well to .602, and then phone died about a month later.

Dustin0308

Reaction score
Yea, I've tried it at least 59 times tonight. Wont go into recovery.

Which one should I try, Froyo or GB? History on my phone: I had Froyo rooted, and did an OTA to GB .596, and then did the OTA update as well to .602, and then phone died about a month later.

Doesn't matter. I have a copy of the froyo 2.3.340 because at the time I made the live CD the stock gingerbread wasn't rootable..it is now I believe..that froyo file does work tho..make sure ur computer can boot from a cd...there is a usb boot method as well...or try this link for an alternative sbf method

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/26283-sbfboot-easy-way-sbf.html

Last edited:
OP
M
Reaction score
Ok, downloading the froyo one now. 52%. Will burn , then boot to cd and give it a shot. Thanks for idea. If this doesnt work, looks like I am gonna have to buy a phone tommorow. Bionic looks sweet, but I was pretty happy with the X and not looking forward to blowing $400 by time tax, etc are added in.

Dustin0308

Reaction score
Ok, downloading the froyo one now. 52%. Will burn , then boot to cd and give it a shot. Thanks for idea. If this doesnt work, looks like I am gonna have to buy a phone tommorow. Bionic looks sweet, but I was pretty happy with the X and not looking forward to blowing $400 by time tax, etc are added in.

Well ur not sol yet. There's more things to check..I'm just making sure the sbf file u used and infamous rsd lite weren't the issues...this Linux live CD has worked consistently..hopefully I can post that from the sister site droidxforums.com lol

As long as u can still get into the bootloader u should be ok..