[7-2] Froyo Source Built Kangerade 4.0.7 - *HUGE list of features & Themes*

magma_camel

Reaction score
I don't have a widget or anything to turn 3g off..I couldent find one that I liked...so I've been using the menues

Reaction score
Maps and location widgets (beautiful widgets) say my location is unavailable. I had this problem last night with SS. Anyone know how to fix?

magma_camel

Reaction score
Maps and location widgets (beautiful widgets) say my location is unavailable. I had this problem last night with SS. Anyone know how to fix?

You could always set a manual location...that's what I do it works fine unless you travle a lot

magma_camel

Reaction score
I'm thinking of removing the sms and mms apps warn me if I shouldn't

mike919

Reaction score
you have no 3G? or it turns on AFTER you turn wi-fi on and off?

well i normaly have 3g turned off while i have wifi...so i turn my phone off to do whatever then turn it back on..it connect to wifi automaticly yet i have no connection at all to the internet until i turn off wifi then turn it back on

i've had this problem before on multiple roms. i have this widget that allows you to turn your (3g im guessing) service off, not airplane mode though. and when i put that on my homescreen, it showed that it was off so all i did was turn it on and worked fine

you shouldn't have to turn off 3G while wifi is on... it should automatically disable and re enable when wifi is on/off... you shouldn't have to manually do anything...

i would suggest this... do a full backup of what you have now and go back to plain STOCK non rooted. if this is a problem on multiple ROMS if may be a hardware issue... try it out on plain jane droid and see if you have the same network issues... doesn't sound like a ROM deal...... if you weren't getting 3G at all i would say maybe a ROM, but you said its been a problem on a couple different ROMS... gotta find the source...

Isaiah

Reaction score
Im not seeing the new customizable live wallpaper. All i get for the original wallpaper is the 150 color one. am i doing something wrong?
(i flashed the most recent goodies already)

did you choose a different live wallpaper when you installed through rom manager? While I'm on the subject you might get an initial fc w/ the lwp. All you need to do is go to settings, select your choices, set wallpaper, and no more fc will happen.

thanks for the reply, Yeah, I was different lwp at the time and figured that the customizable one was the "lwporiginal" but yeah, I figured out that it was the lwp originally with the rom so I just took it out of the .zip and threw it on. Works great thanks!

groove006

Reaction score
Touchdown

Hey Mr. Rummy I love your Roms but Froyo and Touchdown seem to be mortal enemies. I need it for work. Our security is to tight for the new active sync built in. I've tried a couple of your peviuous froyo Roms which are smokin' except for the Touchdown issue. Do you or anyone else outhere have a fix for we Touchdown dweebs?

mike919

Reaction score

You could always set a manual location...that's what I do it works fine unless you travle a lot

that doesn't solve the problem though... you did a full data wipe yes? I must have been lucky enough to get a nicely built phone, i've never once had to implement a fix. ha! (sorry people who have issues)

not much to suggest then to reinstall... OR... try uninstalling beatiful widgets, reboot and reinstalling from market...

And even though i'm pretty sure this is fixed, this is not running off SD card right? if it is, try moving to phone and rebooting (just a suggestion)

mike919

Reaction score
Nice ROM. One problem, though: lost the auto-download of apps from Market.

Yea...GPS location is screwey..
bookmarks disappeared
What all else is wrong with it..

Somebody jumped the gun again getting these roms out, getting old

I'm sure many of these are user errors... why don't you take your flaming somewhere else. these guys work hard for YOU. (insert profane here)

mike919

Reaction score
I'm thinking of removing the sms and mms apps warn me if I shouldn't

DO NOT REMOVE STOCK SMS/MMS

if you want to add an aftermarket app load your aftermarket and DISABLE ALL NOTIFICATIONS THROUGH STOCK SMS/MMS

is there a reason for not doing it? btw i use google voice for all texting and use email/gtalk for everything else

i've noticed some (handcent) on 2.2 seems to be running MMS through the stock messaging app... (as in MMS won't work unless stock MMS is still installed)

which is why i suggest just leaving the stock on, and disabling all notifications that the stock SMS app gives. (that way you only get the notification through your 3rd party app)

plus if you decide for some reason that you don't want the 3rd party anymore, at least the stock will still be on there and won't have to go searching........

magma_camel

Reaction score
DO NOT REMOVE STOCK SMS/MMS

if you want to add an aftermarket app load your aftermarket and DISABLE ALL NOTIFICATIONS THROUGH STOCK SMS/MMS

is there a reason for not doing it? btw i use google voice for all texting and use email/gtalk for everything else

i've noticed some (handcent) on 2.2 seems to be running MMS through the stock messaging app... (as in MMS won't work unless stock MMS is still installed)

which is why i suggest just leaving the stock on, and disabling all notifications that the stock SMS app gives. (that way you only get the notification through your 3rd party app)

plus if you decide for some reason that you don't want the 3rd party anymore, at least the stock will still be on there and won't have to go searching........

well i dont use texting or mms at all neither threw stock apps or 3rd party..only use google voice which is data. my question would be would removing stock sms and mms cause stability issues with the system OTHER then not being able to send/recive sms and mms