[7-2] Froyo Source Built Kangerade 4.0.7 - *HUGE list of features & Themes*

EbE404

Reaction score
anyone else had swype complain that it is configured for a different device and works in limited mode (only works single tapping each letter)? I've uninstalled and reinstalled via the swype beta installer and via a backup .apk I had. The version I'm using is the droid (fwvga,854res) version and not the generic wvga.

Yes, I am having the same issue. I sent them an email this morning...

ditto. think it's safe to say everyone is.

Nope. No problems here. I did have the problem originally described, but I uninstalled then reinstalled with the Swype installer, and it's working just fine for me. This is version 1.56.30.7625, which is the official beta.

If anybody is still using the "leaked" betas or unofficial .apks, there is really no reason to, as the beta is open publicly now:

Swype | Text Input for Screens

socaliabs

Reaction score
I really need some help here please, ever since I rooted my friends device and then updated to all these froyo roms, he has been unable to use skype, on the last build of kangerade he was able to download skype but it force closed on him, now he updated to the latest 4.0.7 build and he cant even see it in the market to re download it, I've wiped his phone and everything so many times- and I feel like giving up, what do I need to do to get his phone working - My own works completely and I want his to work as well. If you can email me: [email protected] I'd appreciate it, in addition to replying in here :)

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just a fyi your scripts are jacked up. God mode screwed my phone all up tried to fix it with rsd and that wouldnt even do it. not mad just a heads up.

dakoop

Reaction score
Favorite rom so far. And I have flashed ALL of them.

good job

EbE404

Reaction score
I really need some help here please, ever since I rooted my friends device and then updated to all these froyo roms, he has been unable to use skype, on the last build of kangerade he was able to download skype but it force closed on him, now he updated to the latest 4.0.7 build and he cant even see it in the market to re download it, I've wiped his phone and everything so many times- and I feel like giving up, what do I need to do to get his phone working - My own works completely and I want his to work as well. If you can email me: [email protected] I'd appreciate it, in addition to replying in here :)

Well, hopefully, you made a Nandroid backup in whichever recovery program you used to flash the ROM. If your only goal is to get the phone working the "way it was", then boot into recovery run the restore and you're good.

If you think you still want to try to flash the new ROM (something you might want to think about, as it's not your phone and you might not want to be on the hook for every little thing that your friend might experience), then reflash the Kangerade ROM without wiping data first, and you should get the apps and everything back.

However, after the restore, i would suggest taking out some additional insurance by downloading Titanium and doing a secondary app backup.

Regarding the Skype issue, I don't use it so I can't be of direct help there, but I've heard there may be some issues with it in Froyo. I'll have to leave it to others to comment on that bit.

socaliabs

Reaction score

Well, hopefully, you made a Nandroid backup in whichever recovery program you used to flash the ROM. If your only goal is to get the phone working the "way it was", then boot into recovery run the restore and you're good.

If you think you still want to try to flash the new ROM (something you might want to think about, as it's not your phone and you might not want to be on the hook for every little thing that your friend might experience), then reflash the Kangerade ROM without wiping data first, and you should get the apps and everything back.

However, after the restore, i would suggest taking out some additional insurance by downloading Titanium and doing a secondary app backup.

Regarding the Skype issue, I don't use it so I can't be of direct help there, but I've heard there may be some issues with it in Froyo. I'll have to leave it to others to comment on that bit.

I think i did do a nandroid backup of 2.1 updte1 rooted (at least i hope i did) but i didnt do a 2.1update1 non root, at least i dont think i did.. i will see if i can go back to that version as i remember it was working fine till froyo roms

EbE404

Reaction score

I think i did do a nandroid backup of 2.1 updte1 rooted (at least i hope i did) but i didnt do a 2.1update1 non root, at least i dont think i did.. i will see if i can go back to that version as i remember it was working fine till froyo roms

Well, good luck. We're it me, I'd restore the thing to where it was, then give the phone back, then send my friend over here so he can learn how to root and flash the ROMs himself. Not only will that help him solve problems on his own if they come up, but it means that you are not responsible for:

a. Causing problems (whether you did or not)
b. Fixing said problems.

The reality is, stuff goes wrong with experimental ROMs all the time and they can be difficult and time consuming to sort out, particularly if it's not your personal device.

Also, backup, backup, backup and backup again just to be sure and safe.

Good luck, and if you need help or have questions, let us know and we'll try to assist.

Last edited:

hepbone

Reaction score
Anyone having an issue with cell standby eating up most of the battery?

EbE404

Reaction score
Anyone having an issue with cell standby eating up most of the battery?

Can you clarify what you mean? The statistics that the phone provides are only rough percentages of the percentage of the battery consumption that's occurred? It's more of a usage ratio than a quantifiable number, and that can vary pretty dramatically depending on what's going on with the phone.

Are you seeing unusual behavior, or something that you are noticing that's different?

jmemory

Reaction score
Had some issues but seem fixed .. maybe

Had a whole bunch of issues when I just installed with a wipe. Market did not sync, lwp force closing, wireless tether working on second try only (enable, disable, enable again). My solution was following

#1 Downloaded and installed Kangerade 1.1 with full wipe.
#2 Once logged in the Market, downloaded and installed 4.0.7 with rm (without wipe.)
#3 donwloaded small fix to make the icon go away
#4 Downloaded Chevy ULV 1.0 ghz kernel

#5 installed and/or setup everything else. LauncherPro and etc.

So far - wifi tether is non functional within froyo but works with wifi tether app without issues

Quadrant Score is 1337 (interesting number not that i typed it)

lwp still force slosing but did setup anyway and it worked.

Its quick beyond quick. Pretty amazing but still feeling just a little off (maybe its just in my head paranoia since all the issues before). No issues with Weather widget with glass theme. No problems locking on location.

Music player: have had album art loss before I don't anymore (so far).

I can't comment on battery life as its weird going from % to lines. Same with signal strength going from 6 or whatever before to only 4. It felt better before but usage might have been different. Not running task killer pro now either so just hard to tell (normally this means same).

I can't speak from long experience but this for me is just awesome.

Jrummy I just want to thank you personally and I think you should start a DroidX drive (if you haven't already) so we can all pitch in a few bucks to help you get one free (actually in exchange for continuation of your fine work).

Thanks to all the others as well who are working so hard making this the best gadget ever next to fleshlight!

P.S. NexThang is AWESOME!!! dancedroid

Wolfeman

Reaction score
OK for the Sywpe people having issues try this, it worked for me.

1. Uninstall Swype and the Swype Installer
2. Reboot
3. Turn off any scanning programs like Lookout
4. Re-download Swype Installer
5. Install Swype

It worked for me.

BamaFan13

Reaction score
so why is it not letting me install flash? i downloaded the apk thats on the first page of this thread and it says something about no parse package or something? any help?

Jonny121

Reaction score
Jrummy, any possibility of allowing directory browsing for "Add Audio" for mms? That would be awesome :D

Reaction score
Damn...it did the thing where the market is really slow and it cant sync...im diggin the nex-tang. Ill just have to wait for the bugs to get out. Back to the last kangerade!

did you give it more then 37 seconds??? I have had ZERO issues on Nex-Tang... Market, maps wi-fi, GPS... nothing... gotta be patient people...

yeah i mean had it on for like an hour...no syncing and the market was just too slow. i love the theme though.

on another topic..

My camera is screwed. it looks blurry as hell unless you get realllll close to it...i have done everything..do you think its just hardware? it wont focus..or even try to focus..

i completely missed this post the other day lol.. i personally have not had any problems w pics focusing, they actually look better for some reason, my apps never did the syncing process either, but i ran titanium to restore them. oh but i did notice w the camera i have to push the button 2 times before it focuses. this was on the onscreen button ( i have not tried the physical button yet)