6P on Verizon

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well I received my 6p today and I must say coming from the note series of phones I am a bit disappointed. The specs say the screen is the same size as my note 3 and even though it physically is the same when you use the phone there is quite a bit less usefull screen compared to my Note. I am going to play with it for a little bit but going down in screen size is not really what I wanted. Johnny did you also notice that coming from the note 4?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Yep, on screen buttons use a bit of the screen when not watching a video or using PIE controls (must be rooted for that). Sorry man. The Note line may be more up your alley. I only got a Nexus 6P because rooting and installing Xposed is a must and that's not doable on most Samsung phones on Verizon or other US carriers while it is doable on models overseas.

I also have Flat Style UI Bars via Closed which makes my navigation buttons and status bar match the bottom and top portion of ANY app I'm in so it's not taken up by a black bar or orange color that doesn't look flush with the app I'm in. I hate that stock uses the "same" but slightly different color, and adds a shadow as well.

Here's an example;
4f1b97d513fa84c76c5e346f6363cfb5.jpg

959a46d9f6bbd01dd18550f2650f2994.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

hapster

Reaction score
I came to the 6P from a Note 3 and love it. Yes, it was an adjustment, but well worth it. Also got my son a 5X. Had no issues whatsoever dropping by the Verizon store and getting new nano sim cards for them.

I love that I don't have all of the carrier added bloatware that I had on my Note 3. Yes, there were a few apps I don't want or need from Google, but I was able to remove, or at least disable, pretty much all of them.

I get much better battery life out of my 6P than I ever did from my Note 3, especially once my Note 3 updated to Lollipop. I was lucky to get thru an 8 hour shift at work after that, with conservative usage. No such problems with my 6P. One charge gets me thru an entire day.

What I do miss from my Note 3 are the gallery, clock, and music apps. Nothing earth shattering there, I just liked those apps better than what comes preinstalled on the 6P, or any of the myriad replacements I tried from the Play store. But I've adjusted.

Bottom line: No regrets whatsoever switching to the 6P.