64GB MicroSD cards

timrock

Reaction score
i wouldnt trust ebay. if the card is not found on the manufacturers site, then i wouldnt buy it from somewhere else. but i dont think the current devices can support a 64gb card. not yet, anyway.

RemyL75

Reaction score
it's not a MicroSD (or MicroSDXC) so no it will not fit. Plus, none of the major manufacturers (Sandisk, Samsung, Kingston, etc) have announced releasing cards that size. So, in short, no.

RemyL75

Reaction score
i wouldnt trust ebay. if the card is not found on the manufacturers site, then i wouldnt buy it from somewhere else. but i dont think the current devices can support a 64gb card. not yet, anyway.

They said that the Droid 1 wouldn't be able to support 32GB cards. They even said that the G1 would not be able to support beyond 4GB (I have personally installed 16GB cards into G1s and there was nothing special or extra to do). That's just to cover them if the device malfunctions because of the card, which happens in less than 1%.

So long as they don't make any significant changes to the hardware, and unless there is a maximum that Android will recognize, then the cards will work fine inside the phones.