64GB MicroSD cards

Technoman

Reaction score
Only if they make a change to the architecture. When MicroSDs only went to 2GB, they came out with the MicroSDHC standard. While physically they were the same, the internal architecture was slightly different. They could fit virtually every phone that had a MicroSD slot, but most phones hade difficulty recognizing them or reporting the correct size. A driver update fixed that problem.
So unless they change the internal architecture, a 64GB MicroSD card should work fine. They said that the G1 could only hold up to 2-4GB I believe. I have seen them use 16GB cards. Same for the Droid 1 supporting up to 16GB, and I have seen (only 1 so far) a 32GB card work flawlessly with it.

The Droid 1 has always been stated to support 32GB. Not sure why you say 16.

DaddyRabbit

Reaction score
My first EVER PC upgrade (bought for $499 at a HamFest in Dayton Ohio) I upgraded from a 20mb Seagate and never thought I would need more space!

[video=youtube;0EwyLhzjlug]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EwyLhzjlug"]YouTube - Old Hard Drive[/video]

EDIT - And yes it was that loud! We are showing our age :) Not to mention I remember Ma' Bell Dial phones, how times have changed!

Last edited:

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
oh the amazing feats of technology. I remember when a 1 gig was like 50 dollars. Now you can get a 32 gig for that price, and it is a micro sd. It always baffles me

First HD my wife bought me as a gift was a WD 750mb for $680.00......
Yea...we have come a long way.

My computer in the basement was top of the line packard bell, probably cost 500+ dollars, has 32 mb of ram :D

you guys are old lol no offence

i got an external tera a year and a half ago for 120

750 mb for 680 is just ridikerous( even though that was probably HUGE then)

darthrogue

Reaction score
Also, I use my Droid X with RockPlayer to play TV shows at about 350mb an episode... I can only fit about a season on my droid at a time... then again, this is coming from someone who used to be a proud owner of a 160gb i*od Classic, now it has been re-assigned to dust collection duties... DROID ALL THE WAY!!! dancedroid

OP
L

Lucidpsychosis

Reaction score
I wouldn't care about tv or movies at all if I could just fit all of my music on a Droid. Right now I'm rocking an iPod touch (64GB) and a Crapberry Storm. I like having all of my music with me, and I just wish I could condense the two devices into one.

darthrogue

Reaction score
I want a movie on my X. Damn you t mobile

T-Mobile??? Wrong website xD DROID'S only (even though you said you have an incredible, which isn't for T-Mobile, and you are confusing me D: )
dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid

fichdak

Reaction score
i'm pretty sure than >32gb are gonna ba "sdxc" cards, not sdhc, which *might* mean the architecture is changed, I don't really know. Apparently these sdxc cards will eventually be able to hold up to 2tb :eek:

Reaction score
oh the amazing feats of technology. I remember when a 1 gig was like 50 dollars. Now you can get a 32 gig for that price, and it is a micro sd. It always baffles me

You must be young, i paid 400 bucks for a 1 meg upgrade chip for a computer quite a few years ago. LOL

fedrich519

Reaction score

First HD my wife bought me as a gift was a WD 750mb for $680.00......
Yea...we have come a long way.

Yeah, we have for sure.

If you don't mind me asking, about what year was that?

I remember clearly the excitement and awe of buying a 1GB USB drive just five short years ago and paying close to $100.

I calculated the other day that 1TB of storage would cost over $300 million back in 1980. In 1955 that figure would increase to over a billion.

droidXdominator

Reaction score
jeez what could one possibly need 64gigs of space for? plan on transferring yours and your moms music library and 15 movies? lol just playin

i got the 32GB in my DX, 1000ish songs, 5 movies, and still got a lotta room to work with.

Just 30 minutes of hd video is 4.7gigs of space.

bowlingotter

Reaction score
I apologize for resurrecting this ancient thread but I honestly did spend some time with the search tool for a newer thread on this to no avail...

The 64 gb sdxc cards are all over ebay now... I know that the Droid X is spec'd to support a max of 32 gb sdhc. Just out of curiosity, has anyone had the opportunity to try a 64 gb card? Or has there been any word of an update for the X to support them, if that is even possible?